Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / How do you read DLL help files from DBPro help?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2010 16:59
I am a complete noobe to DLLs.

I have IanM's DLL set and Sparcky's collision DLL, both set up with all files where they belong.

Are the DLL help files supposed to show up when DBPro help is accessed? Or, is it a command line (f1) function only?

My biggest problem is finding information on a specific DLL command.

The Fangman
MikeRK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2010 12:36
You can't with the current format of the help system, since opening the DBPro IDE Help just navigates to the batch of standard html files, with standard links... Would be a useful feature though.

Mikey

::Hybrid Two::Binary Zoo::RGT Veteran::
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2010 15:34
I might be able to do something about that in future. It should be easy to come up with a standard system for rebuilding that entry page and including it in a standard DBPro release.

MikeRK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2010 16:12
Yeah, you could have TPC system where TPC's (or rather a potential installation package) can install a file listing relevant help documents, or an entry HTML page, and update the DBPro IDE Help accordingly.

Mikey

::Hybrid Two::Binary Zoo::RGT Veteran::
silvertop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2010 12:59
just downloaded dark voices .and recieved this message "faied to load could not find mfc71.dll" could anybody help thanks

user2
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2010 15:34
First, I have to ask why you didn't create a thread for yourself as you question has nothing to do with the subject of this one.

Secondly, it's a little naughty for that plug-in to use MFC and not include a download for the DLL - here's a pack I've located that you can install to see if it fixes the problem for you: http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/KB932298/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=762. Don't forget that whoever uses your program will also need this DLL.

Utility plug-ins (26-JUL-2010)
I'm applying terms of use that require you to wear a red nose and honk a horn whenever you use the Internet
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2011 15:31
I fix that issue by just hand-modifying the index page to point at the other help files so I can quickly access them when developing.

It would be nice to have this done automatically and the new commands entered into the index though.

[center]
Join the TGC Group!
http://tehcodez.groups.live.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 06:08:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 06:08:35