Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / error exiting out of program

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2010 23:59
Hello again! Got my fps up and timer based movement workin for the people who helped me last post
New question, whenever I exit out of my program via "if keystate(1) = 1" inside my gameloop the program closes but every time a error message pops up saying "the coos county reanimaiton has stopped working". It sure would be nice to not have that pop up.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks a lot!!!
LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2010 18:24
Since you did not post any code, this is my best guess on how to help you.

Have you used the DISABLE ESCAPEKEY command in your code? If not, you will need to add it or you will need to use a different key to exit the program. If you decide to use the ESC key to exit, I would suggest putting the command in right before your main loop. After the program exits your main loop, simply use the STOP ANIMATION command before the END command.

Please use the DISABLE ESCAPEKEY command with caution. Bear in mind that if your code has a loop in it that will not allow it to get back to your main loop, your only way to get out of the program is Control-Alt-Delete.

Hope this helps,

LB

So many games to code.......so little time.
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2010 19:32
Quote: "Please use the DISABLE ESCAPEKEY command with caution. Bear in mind that if your code has a loop in it that will not allow it to get back to your main loop, your only way to get out of the program is Control-Alt-Delete."

Alt-F4 will still work, the whole end-with-escapekey thing is just for your testing convenience.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 20:35:15
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 20:35:15