Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Ez Rotate WOW

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2010 19:56
I know this may sound stupid to all you "vector mathematicians" out there but I just got EZrotate to solve a specific problem I was having with my project, and not only did it fix my problem but I have found 3 other uses for it...

Definitely a must have for 3D math..

Anyway wanted to share my excitement... strange what gets me excited these days...
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Share.

Chiblue
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2010 23:29
I was struggling positioning a waste cartridge for my shooting cycle I got it positioned but when I rotated it was no longer positioned correctly... I tried pointobject functions but these did not work becuase the models axis directions did not match.. so I got EZrotate and using the EZro_turnpitchto function I got the model in the exact line I wanted, then I had to offset the position of the model but again this was messing me up as I needed vector math to find the target location in 3d space and then move the model to that position, using EZro_FindPointFromOffset I gave it the location of my model and the offset to move and it gave me the exact location I needed to do the positionobject...

Very, very cool... it takes a little time to work out which functions you need but using the examples and help (although help is about the same as all the darkgdk help )... you can work your way through it...

I have now used these functions for 3 different problems I was having...

if you like working in darkgdk (and DBPro) but get frustrated with the vector calculations not having a PHD in mathematics then this really really helps and all for $19..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-02 09:08:47
Your offset time is: 2024-07-02 09:08:47