Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Using lightmapping created with Cartography Shop

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2010 22:50
Hey!

I've been playing about with Cartography shop tonight and I made a sample level with some lights. I exported it as a DirectX model and I noticed two .x files "level.x" and "level_lm.x".

I loaded "level.x" into DBPro but the lights I created weren't in the map. I found this tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/user/dcforemanuk#p/u/68/ZDo-6uFxwCs at the end it mentions that you need to load in the second "level_lm.x" and ghost it, but doesn't go into any more detail than that.

Below is the code I wrote, I can't seem to see the "level_lm.x" model and there are no lights (apart from the ambient light). Is there anything else I need to do, or would it just be quicker to load up DarkLights and do the lighting in that?

Thanks for you help,

Alpha Mike
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2010 23:58
I'm not sure, but you could try using these commands on each object:

SET OBJECT LIGHT obj,0
SET OBJECT AMBIENT obj,0

to turn any DBP lighting off. Maybe the ghosted object is too transparent to really see under the current lighting settings. Or you could try un-ghosting the lightmap object and hiding the normal object to see if anything is showing up at all. If you posted the media we could test it out for you.

Guns, cinematics, stealth, items and more!
Alpha Mike
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2010 21:00
Ah! Thanks for the idea Sixty Squares.

I was ghosting the wrong object. You have to ghost the "level.x" object instead of "level_lm.x"

excellent!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 20:24:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 20:24:40