Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / A 3d martial arts fighter rpg !!! ???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello i have currently just finished a small fps shooter, and have gone on to attempt a much more stupid feat of game creation, a walk, talk and fight style rpg, much like a simple version of star wars knights of the old republic for the xbox only a lot simpler, i would like to ask if anyone has actually ever made a half decent fighting game using darkbasic as i would like to borrow and exhange ideas about how i could create a realistic decent martial arts fighting system in a game, also i have many different modellers but does anyone know where i can find a decent animation/modeller for some cool looking jet li style in game moves and stuff, some of you may think i am off my head trying to make a game like this, but i like the martial arts game alot and bought dark basic only to try and work towards creating a game like this. Thankyou very much for your time reading.
Northern Fist
Years of Service
User Offline
Believe me when I say this, I'm a big fan of anything with martial arts in it. However, the lack of 3D animation tools out there makes it virtually impossible. I checked out a free tool called "anim8tor" and it came with no help files so I never figured it out. I've never had the honor of playing a darkbasic fighting game. It is possible, just difficult. I personally would like to see some pros answer your question...

"Power, precision, and don't forget about speed. If you practice everyday with these things in mind... you begin to develope A FIGHTING MODE." - Fist of Legend (Jet Li)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 01:04:01
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 01:04:01