Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / Hey Sweetie

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2010 18:29
New song. Vocals, guitar, everything, all made by me. Tell me what you guys think!

Even if its not your cup of tea, the fast forward to the last chorus and tell me what you think of my guitar solo, or something! Anything! Thanks

"To lead, you must first die in your mind. Let go of life, and embrace it!!!"

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2010 20:13 Edited at: 6th Sep 2010 20:16
"not my cup of tea" but definitely worthy of feedback:

1, "quality" comes to mind, and a certain "style", too.
i quickly imagined the music video for this = 3 mins worth of "heart, bleeding and intensifying over time". or, maybe, "time-lapsed sap oozing from a tree". and this, fading in and out of you, alone on a small, dark stage. the song is very personal, as in whomever it's written for should be the only one to hear it. thoughts of "get a room!" came to mind, if you know what i'm saying? and, i mean all of this in a good way in the fact that it stirred thought & emotion, and evoked imagery = success, in my book.

2, when the guitar solo came in, it felt out of place. personally, i'd make it more prominent and effectual by, @ ~3:00, remove the final "i love you" and replace it with a repeat of the solo minus the background music and let it fade out at the end in a "i love you forever" fashion, if that makes sense?

*listens to it again and notes the crowd raising lighters up high*

/2cents

Virtual Nomad @ California, USA . DBPro V7.5
AMD Phenomâ„¢ X4 9750 Quad-Core @ 2.4 GHz . 8 GB PC2-6400 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 3650 @ 512 MB . Vista Home Premium 64 Bit
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2010 10:15
Always nice to hear some real life recordings

This isn't really my cup of tea either, but it sounds pretty mainstream as for how most songs in that particular genre sounds. Also I find that the song doesn't really lead anywhere in particular (you know me, I'm all for the melodic stuff )
My suggestion, whithout changing anything, would be to perhaps have a medium volume string pad in the background, enhancing the chords. Or better yet, if you are lucky enough to be able to pull it off, a string quartet. Should really add some nice emotional feel.

Otherwise I think Virtual Nomad summed it up pretty well. The "target audience" will probably by far be the greatest appreciator of the song. Also the solo should probably be played without the singing on top of it to make it clearer. Nomad's §2 sounds like a good suggestion to me here, but maybe even remove the lyrics already at 2:40? Also, maybe the solo part could be made a bit more "rocky" with some backing guitar fifths and maybe even a bass? Just when the lead comes in it sounds as if it's building up to something like that

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:53:37
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:53:37