Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / FPSC x9 v1.18 Project: Help Needed

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2010 01:01 Edited at: 1st Sep 2010 01:39
Okay, so my last thread was blocked, and I understand why. So, I've moved the thread to this section, where the Rules state it can be placed.

Hello, I'm skaterdude.

Intro:
I have decided to have a go at making my first commercial quality game. For now, it is codenamed: Project Light. I have it planned out well enough now, and I will elaborate further on the game’s plot in a moment.

I have a good deal of skills for gaming making now, as I'm an excellent writer, storyteller, and level designer, but I cannot do everything.

If there is anyone who would like to partner with me in this endeavor, I could most certainly use your help. I have sufficient media to make my game, but there's nothing better than custom media to fit an art direction.

I need, if possible:

-Someone who can model and texture professionally.(Possibly Filled - anayar)
-Someone who can design 2D artwork, logos, etc... (Possibly Filled - Gencheff)
-Someone who can provide high quality sound effects and/or voice acting. (2 Voice Actors - WWIV Studios and anayar, More Partners Needed)
-Someone who can provide in-game music. (Filled - DJ Crysis)

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to working with any who are willing. Also, keep in mind that I can have more than one person for each position. I am not limited to a five man team, but that is at least my goal.

If you need any info, just comment we can confer.

Plot:

My general idea for Project: Light is to have a game where an underground place, such as a bunker (preferably), is discovered by the protagonist. Quite early on, he finds that developments for a new type of weapon, a light based one, took place down in the bunker some years ago. The protagonist then uses the "light ammunition" throughout his escape from the bunker, as he soon finds he is not alone. Ghosts of dead soldiers and scientists were trapped down in the bunker as well. The only way to kill them is with the light bullets. The "ghosts" in the game are the result of my recent finding that I can make characters dark and transparent. To see what they look like, look at the ATTACHED SCREENSHOT. Anyways, the game will have a few "paranormal" experiences, such as walking into an area and having a flashback of the past. Not bad for an intriguing narrative, eh? I’ve already started some concept levels, nothing too elaborate, but something I can work with in the future.

System: Windows 7, 2.5 Ghz Quad-Core, 1 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4650 | My Superheroes: bond1 and Errant AI

Attachments

Login to view attachments
warsow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2010 01:19
this thread must be post in work in progress ? not sure..

Your signature has been erased by a mod please reduce it to 600 x 120.
skaterdude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2010 01:43
Yes, on my last thread, Nickydude locked it, and gave a link to the page concerning team requests. It stated that a team request could be located in the General Talk area or the WIP section. I chose to put in the WIP Section so it would be easy to find.

System: Windows 7, 2.5 Ghz Quad-Core, 1 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4650 | My Superheroes: bond1 and Errant AI

Zay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2010 10:25
Team request aren't allowed at all if I'm correct.
And next time, instead of guessing what's right.How about you read the rules for once.
Eather way,you're making these big requests and not showing 1 little bit of your work.You said you're gonna be the "idea guy" and level designer and you didn't post one picture,one picture for other people to see if it's even worth bothering with you.

Contact me in Skype,name- nejcplan
skaterdude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2010 14:24
Zay, if you go to the bottom right hand corner of my post, you will see one of my concept ideas. The "ghost" so to speak of my levels. I'm in the process of taking screenshots of my concept levels at this point. Also, I'm the level designer/builder/scripter, AND storywriter. My partners will only be making media on a need to have basis. I'm not going 100% custom media. I already went into a little detail about the story above, enough to give a general idea, but not enough for someone to steal it.

Also, in my last thread, Nickydude posted his Lock comment and then gave a link to the Rules. They clearly state that team requests are allowed, but only in certain sections. The work in progress section is on that list.

Thank you for your concern, however.

Zay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2010 14:59
Oh ok then,I'm just not used on such well minded, English speaking,non-egostistical newcomers like you .
Believe me,most of the newbies are now lying,almost non-english speaking,ego through the roof,no-rule reading,non-talented people who just take and don't give back to the community.
But ofcourse,there are exceptions like you

skaterdude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2010 00:36 Edited at: 31st Aug 2010 00:39
Thank you very much, Zay.

Also, I must say, I admire your thread on Nox Aeterna. The game's atmosphere is great, and the story leaves nothing to be desired! Metro 2033 fan, eh? That makes two of us!

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2010 05:06
Quote: "Believe me,most of the newbies are now lying,almost non-english speaking,ego through the roof,no-rule reading,non-talented people who just take and don't give back to the community."

Zay, come on Man! Dont make stereotypes about Newbs. You havent even been here a year yet

Skaterude: Glad to be part of the team

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
skaterdude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2010 05:14
Glad to have you! So, what do you think of the story concept thus far, and what do you think of the screenshot?

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2010 05:21
Looks Cool! Ive never seen anyone do that with characters before ...

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
WWIV Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2010 05:26
Ill voiceact for fun

skaterdude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2010 05:28
Thanks anayar.

WW4 Studios, so does that mean you would like to do some voices for free? I need some top notch stuff, really compelling. I can do Russian, Indian, and British accents, so, what about German? If you can't do that, what can you do?

Thanks!

WWIV Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2010 05:34
Top Notch might be overboard for me lol. I can only do an american accent unfortunately but i look forward to seeing where this game goes.

skaterdude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2010 05:47
That's perfectly fine. I can list you as a voice actor. If you can, try to attach a sound file of your voice so I can hear it. Who knows, you could voice the main character!

skaterdude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2010 05:59
Atlanta, GA, eh? I'm near there. How do you do, neighbor?

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2010 06:03
Quote: "Noitacol"

Ha. Haha.

Good luck with your team request, so far it's coming along great

If something is perfect, it probably doesn't work. -PWP
skaterdude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2010 06:08 Edited at: 31st Aug 2010 06:09
Hahaha, yeah, Noitacol is Location spelled backwards. I was being a complete smart-aleck when I came up with that! haha

Zay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2010 10:12
Quote: "You havent even been here a year yet "

I've been here for almost three years now,but I had to made another account because I forgot the email of the first one.

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2010 18:07
Quote: "I've been here for almost three years now,but I had to made another account because I forgot the email of the first one"

Oh, well my bad then

Skaterdude: I can throw in a bit of voice acting for ya. I can do American and Indian (as in India) accents

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2010 22:39
You cant always do something about non english people, im not english, but i have adjust myself to it. Although my grammar is still bad lol. But my grammar was wors on the begin, i think i learned to type and understand the english language on this forum

Btw i like that ghost style

Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.
WWIV Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2010 23:48 Edited at: 31st Aug 2010 23:49
i have a quick sample here

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=168219&b=21

skaterdude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2010 01:13 Edited at: 1st Sep 2010 01:16
WWIV, I've had a listen to some of your material. It won't be bad at all, I think I can have you voice some of the hallucinations, and maybe a few ghosts. The idea is, at first, some of the ghosts won't be too hostile, but then they will as you venture further into the bunker. Can you do echo effects? Regardless, I'll add you as a voice actor.

anayar, if you can, just attach some random voice work so I can hear your voice. Also, if you have any abilites for effects, such as echoes, etc... add that in or just tell me about it.

Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2010 01:17
I wish I had a microphone to record...my crappy nokia just isn't gonna cut it .Shame really,as I'm really good at accents.

I'll give you a shader for a more ghostly feel tomorrow(try to that is,it's not a guarantee).

Yeah I said it.FIRST PERSON SOCCER!
skaterdude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2010 01:37
Ok, thanks Gencheff. The only problem I have with the current shader is the fact that when two or more polys overlap each other, it results in a darker shade of black, which looks pretty tacky. If that helps, then it is the best suggestion/guideline I could give you. Just upload a screenshot if you can and I'll tell you how it turns out! Thanks again!

skaterdude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2010 03:59
Well, Gench, do you have that shader working at all yet?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 16:24:39
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 16:24:39