Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Needing help with loading/playing an animated .x file please.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Basically I've never loaded/played a .x animation before.

I'm wondering if someone can give me a simple explanation as to how this works. I'm working from the code below.

I'd appreciate if someone could give me a pointer on what I'm doing wrong.
Thanks in advance.

Notes:
- I am exporting from 3ds max 2010 via Panda Exporter.
- The object has 10 frames of animation and plays/loops fine in 3ds.

Thanks again.

I'm looking for the true nature of things. But I'm not cynical at all. Or sarcastic for that matter. Now tell me: where is the irony here?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mychal B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2010 11:17
If all your trying to do is watch the animation then a simple loop object "myobject"
after the load object will suffise. It will loop through all of the frames
Dia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2010 14:30 Edited at: 30th Aug 2010 14:32
what exactly is your error? is nothing showing? is it simply not animating? (does your whole screen explode when you compile? )

never used it myself so I can't comment, but several people have mentioned issues with exporting from max

just to test your model file, try just using the following

if it works then maybe there's something wrong with your types or the other extraneous code (that I guess will be used for timer based movement/animation later?) sorry don't have much time to delve any deeper atm, I am off down the pub

This is not the Sig you are looking for....
Alexandre
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay I've isolated the problem.

Just running the mesh by itself, and realising it wasn't animating made me look more carefully at the max animation.

The problem was my use of modifiers and not bones to deform the mesh.
This is fine if you want to play/render the animation - WITHIN MAX, but you must use bones to animate if exporting to a .x file.

@Dia: Thanks for the test script helped me rule out my syntax as the problem

I'm looking for the true nature of things. But I'm not cynical at all. Or sarcastic for that matter. Now tell me: where is the irony here?
Dia
Years of Service
User Offline
just as well its sorted, I just got back from the pub and probably couldn't make heads or tails of any code atm "

This is not the Sig you are looking for....
Alexandre
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I just got back from the pub and probably couldn't make heads or tails of any code atm""

The best time to code really

I'm looking for the true nature of things.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 22:30:30
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 22:30:30