Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9] Oneirophrenia : A Painful Dream Experience ... (56k Warning)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2010 12:51 Edited at: 31st Aug 2010 15:56

Developer : Gencheff a.k.a ColdFire

Storyline : Still being worked on,but to get the basic idea,it goes as follows : The character - Jackson Meyer is a former soldier who suffers from a disease called Oneirophrenia.He often is in a hallucinatory, dream-like state caused by certain factors.His views of life and everything surrounding him are abnormal and every single dream he has turns into a nightmare.You play his role in the game and "live" those dreams while getting in a with battle your(his) mind to overcome them.The game presents complete randomness and strange graphics.You can never tell when or where you will go next.Your main goal is to fill your consciousness meter to atleast 60 from 100 , so you can wake up back in your apartment.With each level your dreams get stranger and more illusive.

To be continued/re-written...

Description : For those who don't want to read the storyline.A puzzle,slow-paced game with a lot of thinking involved.No random gun and run scenes.Very strange atmosphere,but some may find it interesting.

Screenshot-bonanza below :

EDIT : A few Features (On top of the default)
1.Options menu
2.Ambience sounds
3.Custom media (models,huds,etc.)

I also have an idea how to make enemies come out from walls and brake them,but until I test it , it's just an idea that might not work.

Also after a little tweaking of the lights and ambience and adding a Dante to test the relief shaders with the sepia fullscreen,here's the result(theres a fog like overlay on the screen).

I'm also planing to add more factors to complete the game,but all in good time

This is my first game so go easy with the crits

Yeah I said it.FIRST PERSON SOCCER!
Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2010 13:02
Looks awesome!

My olnly crit is that it's a little to dark for me which stops me seeing a lot and giving you more crit

Deltayo
Years of Service
User Offline
This is a very nice looking game, and it has a great concept. Also, I believe it is spelled Conscience. Also, isn't consciousness the thing you need to wake up? Conscience is that thing in your mind that helps you decide what to do. "My conscience says I should pick red pill." I believe the said facts to be true. I'm pretty sleepy right now though. It is 3AM over here.
Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2010 13:07 Edited at: 30th Aug 2010 13:11
I guess you're right.I couldn't find the english word,since my first language is Bulgarian.The initial word in Bulgarian is СЪЗНАНИЕ.According to a translator the english equivalent is awareness.Will that be correct?

EDIT - never mind,I got it figured out

Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2010 13:17
Quote: "This is a very nice looking game, and it has a great concept. Also, I believe it is spelled Conscience. Also, isn't consciousness the thing you need to wake up? Conscience is that thing in your mind that helps you decide what to do. "My conscience says I should pick red pill." I believe the said facts to be true. I'm pretty sleepy right now though. It is 3AM over here."

Quote: "I guess you're right.I couldn't find the english word,since my first language is Bulgarian.The initial word in Bulgarian is СЪЗНАНИЕ.According to a translator the english equivalent is awareness.Will that be correct?"

Conscience (in gaming terms) :

Could be how right or wrong the player feels. i.e a guilty conscience.

How awake the player is (once full, possibly letting the player perform a special action or move)

Awareness:

How easy or hard the player notices things, whether visual or not, in their surroundings.

^Just a few definitions that came to mind.

Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2010 13:20 Edited at: 30th Aug 2010 13:25
Got it .Should be fine now

AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2010 14:50
Looks great Gencheff!! Too dark though.

Abdul Ahad
Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2010 14:54 Edited at: 30th Aug 2010 15:00
Since the lighting on the levels is far from finished as well as the design its normal to look dark.Needs more lights , I know.

Actually the thing that makes it so dark is the fullscreen shader.I might play with it a little for better effects.

I may also add a flashlight.

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2010 22:59
let me just say that this looks like one of the most interesting FPSC games I've ever seen. I love it's colour scheme especially. amazing job coldfire.

imageflock.com/img/1272671763.jpg[/img]
skype = isaacpreston. I want to talk to YOU
teamhalo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2010 23:02
Can't really see much in the screens everything is really dark.

Check out my new model pack:
Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2010 23:17
I can see everything clearly.Maybe my monitor is too bright lol.Though this isn't how the game exactly looks(will look).The screenshots are smaller than originally,so naturally you lose some sight of details and its harder to spot things,especially with a widescreen monitor (1680x1050).The ambience is set a bit low,for testing purposes of the fullscreen shader.I'll balance it out in the end.

I'm adjusting the shader right now to make things more balanced.For example : When there is no light in the spot,that part of the map to not be so dark and desaturated.I'll post some updates tomorrow,as right now I'm going to fall asleep on the keyboard...

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2010 00:36
I see you're using CoZ's sepia fullscreen shader. It fits perfectly for games like this, I like it a lot! Nice work.

If something is perfect, it probably doesn't work. -PWP
AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2010 03:00
Just changed my monitor, and I must regret saying the screens are dark(12 year old monitor).

They are absolutely beautiful! Second one looks the best!

Abdul Ahad
Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2010 12:39
Ah..the good old CRT monitor.Have a few of 'em in my old apartment.

When looked at an angle you can't see jack

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2010 15:38
And I thought I would be the guy with wierd game names and dream/nightmare story's

No seriously: This is an enteresting looking and athmospheric project.

I do surely want to see more

-Wolf

God Helps the Beast in Me!
Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2010 15:51
Thanks Wolf.Good luck with the competition.

A small update(or large rather in the long run) .. I got RPG-Mod finally,so this would make my life a lot easier with the quests and puzzles.

FPSCGames
User Banned
Posted: 4th Sep 2010 02:21
Very Nice
TheCoolGuy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2010 18:42
This kind of reminds me of "Condemned 2" demo (I only played the demo), because of the shiny black enemies that come out of walls, and the dark, gloomy atmosphere.
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2010 01:13
This mustn't die!

-Wolf

God Helps the Beast in Me!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 10:07:02
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 10:07:02