Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Problems with making Main Menu..

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2010 19:18
Okay, i have some problems with making main menu for my and my friends game."Black Angel"..

Problem one..
Well, i cant get the main menu window keep on.
Here's my code, it just flashes front me and shut...
Do i need to lock it or something?
[LOAD MUSIC "Kills.mp3", 1
PLAY MUSIC 1
SHOW WINDOW
SET WINDOW SIZE 800, 600
]

Dont know if its right or wrong.. Well, what do you guys think?

Problem two...
I dont know, how to import video, main logos, or anything what is similiar to main menu..
This is picture how it meaned to be.. Can you guys give ready main menu script if i fit it full?

Well, i realy THANK you guys if you COULD make this menu for me, i realy want to make games with DBPro..
Thanks.

Im the king.
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2010 06:49 Edited at: 31st Aug 2010 06:50
The problem with your code there is that it has nothing to keep the program running. DB goes through the commands in order and does them, and if there aren't any more commands it'll end the program.

A command like WAIT KEY will force it to wait, or you could make a loop it will stay in:
DO
LOOP

You graphics look very good. You seem to be pretty new to this, so you should check out the Tutorials Thread at the top of this board to learn the basics before you try to make a game (I hear TDK's are good: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=99497&b=10)

Latest progress: Fog of War implemented; frustrated by pathfinding >.>
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 31st Aug 2010 07:34
If you had a little more than just loading music and changing the window size I'd post some code. But since you didn't you really need to do what BMacZero says and check out TDKs tutorials.

If we write all your code for you then you're not actually learning anything.

slyvnr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2010 20:11
Try this

Darkbasic is really really simple actually (compared to other programming languages). Check out the Tutorials found through out the forums. The Help file (Start DBPro and click Help and click DarkBasic Professional Help) is Ok not the greatest. Best to go through the Commands or Index and go to each statement.

Take care

Slyvnr

Slyvnr
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2010 20:47
That code won't work, you're loading and replaying the music every loop

Latest progress: Fog of War implemented; frustrated by pathfinding >.>
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2010 21:59
to make the logo flash you'll need a dark logo and a bright logo the using a timer swicth between the images.

might work (not tested)

loop

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
luskos
Years of Service
User Offline
Or in case he have darklogo and brightlogo images he can make animated sprite and play it instead of all this complicated hard coded flashy logo???He can make transitions as fast and smooth as he want.And also he can make the shake effect like this too.Just need to reposition the text in diferent frames so it shakes.

Coding is My Kung Fu!
And My Kung Fu is better than Yours!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 22:35:27
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 22:35:27