Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Matrix Collision, .X model textures, BSP compiler

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2003 01:58
1)Im using a matrix as terrain for a FPS type game. But cant find any command to give the matrix collision. My player character just falls right through it. What realy confuses me is that when i looked through the Binary Moon Tut i didnt see any code giving that matrix collision either..but it works.

2)When i make my own models the textures show up perfect in my DB prog. But im using a DarkMatter model and skysphere for writing this 'engine' and the textures dont load. both are .X files.

3)I cant figure out the DB BSP compiler(why im using the matrix :/). It always gives me errors, even when all i make is a rectangle, lol. I cant find any tuts or anything in help on using it.
koshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2003 03:38 Edited at: 29th Sep 2003 03:45
For #1 you use -

Replace objectx with the object number x codinate and same with zobject, this will give you the height of the matrix in that spot, so thats the height you give the object.

hope it helps

"Hello this is the suicide hotline, please hold..."
http://www.rovokaa.tk/ -
HardBoot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2003 10:50 Edited at: 29th Sep 2003 10:50
was realy hopin that wasnt it.
And it helps a lot
HardBoot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2003 03:19 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2003 03:27
Got the textures workin! Was a problem within the X file corrupting, still dont know why.

Finaly got the BSP compiler to work! But now i have another problem with it, I cant load my BSP because its not in a pk3. So here are some new questions.
3)What is a pk3?(compressed file type o thing?)
4)Why must the bsp be in a pk3
5)How do i make a pk3
6)Can you put more than 1 bsp into a pk3?

Thanks for readin'
HB
HardBoot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2003 04:13
posted to quickly..

3-pk3 is a compressed file, you need to compress the bsp and any textures and such together.
4-shouldn't have to be, but i cant get it to work.
5-pakscape can do it. And i 'think you can just zip the files and rename the .zip a .pk3
HardBoot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2003 04:35
AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!

No matter how i try to load my BSP.. it just wont. I always get "could not load bsp at line..".

I have tryed with the BSP in a pk3, and not in a pk3. I have the 1 texture my flat rectangle uses with the BSP.

load bsp "","BigFlatSlab.bsp"
load bsp "BigFlatSlab.pk3","BigFlatSlab.bsp"
load bsp "BigFlatSlab.pk3","Maps\BigFlatSlab.bsp"

all of the above should work as long as i have the files in the right spots, right? insert profanity <here>
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2003 21:35
use the example of bsp in the fps demo tutorial/demo which come with dbp, see if that works, if it does its probably something wrong with your bsp.

Scorpyo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2003 00:08
BigFlatSlab?
BSPs must be closed environments..can t do open spaces
HardBoot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2003 18:13
I got it working. Starting to think i have a virus messing with my files or Windows is fubar.
Scorpyo, nice use of the force :p. It is a open space, just a slab or 'floor'. But it is working. New to DB and proging in general, but made a lot of maps and scriptin mods. Mostly for DoD, which had the entire level made with a bsp, indoors and out. But i do recall reading that bsps must be indoor enviorments too. Im confused.
Scorpyo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2003 18:33
well..if it's not enclosed and you got it working my use of the force is rather poor..cause i cannot understand how that is possible..
Are you sure it s not enclosed in an invisible large box?
HardBoot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2003 00:00
Maybe if the BSP compiler did it. Not sure...
I made another slab, this time with multiple layers, kinda like a pyramid, it works too.
I'm making them with cartshop and compiling with DBPros BSP compiler.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 04:02:33
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 04:02:33