Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / New to Dark GDK, quick question about opening a new 2d game project

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
We're using Dark GDK for school, and we are told to open up a new 2d game project whenever we are working. I was just wondering if there was a way to make it so that the Main.cpp was blank and there was no readme.txt, backdrop.bmp, or sprite.bmp because deleting it every time I open up a new project is annoying. Thanks!
Pilz X Schizo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2010 22:06
Instead of selecting one of the GDK Templates just choose Empty Project and simply add...

#include "DarkGDK.h"

void DarkGDK(Void){

return;
}

...and now you have a project without anything to delete.
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2010 04:43
hmmm, i think that wont work unless you set the project properties (code generation, libraries/headers path, etc)

that is just more annoying than deleting and erasing some stuff (its not annoying really, but w/e..)

Pilz X Schizo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2010 06:49
Every project I start, I start that way without having to change any of the project properties. The only thing now since I upgraded GDK is ignoring atls.lib.
Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
Select the Dark GDK - Game template instead of 2D game or 3D game. Then you will receive an empty Dark GDK project, with only the include and main loop.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-02 09:04:27
Your offset time is: 2024-07-02 09:04:27