Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [LOCKED] TheForgotten BETA in progress

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2010 22:41 Edited at: 3rd Sep 2010 02:13
THIS IS MY FIRST POST SO BEAR WITH ME
I DO NOT MEAN TO MAKE IT SOUND LIKE IM ADVERTISING
IM TYPING IT UP AS I THINK OF IT

Developer: ME "edcsaqwxz" If you have any problems like dark clearly has with me you can call me VIA SKYPE usename is "edcsaqwxz" Do note tho dark that ive got one of my friends who has been helping me develop this game from the beginning so ive got a witness for my game name and when we decided on that name.

Storyline: I dont really have a storyline its just a game that im making and whatever i do in the previous level i use that and decide how to make the next level so the gameplay is as straight forward as i can get it.

INGAME SCREENIES: COMING SOON!! "Will post some once i complete production on my first level. NOTE: I WILL BE IN KINGS ISLAND THIS WEEKEND SO PRODUCTION IS HALTED STARTING TOMARROW TILL TUESDAY.

Hey everyone just posting to say well i am in the middle of making a game called TheForgotten and currently there is a demo of the very first level out on my site right now so feel free to download it.

NOTE: MY FORUMS ARE CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION SO THERE ARE NOT UP RIGHT NOW AND WONT BE BACK UP UNTIL SEPTEMBER 7th.

But in the mean time i did create a simple home page for everyone to use. so anyway heres the link to my site and i hope you like the demo of my first level.

SIZE 37.1 MB download
EXTRACTED SIZE 107 MB
THIS IS NOT THE FULL FIRST LEVEL ITS ONLY PART OF IT.
I am gunna try to make 50+ levels
TOTAL PROJECTED GAME SIZE UPON COMPLETION: 12-15 GIGS
Yes i know its gunna be BIG.

NOTE2: When i release a full beta version you will need to register on the forums and get a serial key for the install.

FAQ.
Q>Why use an installer?
A>Because by using this install program they also make a patch program so instead of you having to download the whole game again just for a little patch you can just download a patch that will work with the install program and patch the game when new levels are added.

Once the forums are back up on my site i will be more then happy if you guys can post any problems that you experince in the game with a screenshot so i can verify that it is a real problem. problems with no screenshots or the error or a little video of it occuring will not be handled.

I am MORE THEN WILLING to take any suggestions to add to my game and i will do my best to try and add them. So please dont hesitate if you have an idea to make the game better please post it in my forums i will be more then happy to try to implement it. "THE ONLY BAD IDEAS ARE THE ONES YOU DONT MAKE ANY ATTEMPT TO POST"

Anyway sorry bout the long post so ill just get right to the link for my site. http://theforgotten.freehostingcloud.com/[center]
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
wow, seems you didnt had a clear name, and just stole something that you saw on wip, right?
my name, indeed..

i downloaded, and lets afront it, even if its your first thread, but not your first game, do you have nothing that isnt stock?

also, this post is getting locked

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2010 01:19
Quote: "I am gunna try to make 50+ levels
TOTAL PROJECTED GAME SIZE UPON COMPLETION: 12-15 GIGS"

Uh... yeah... right. Sorry to rain on your parade, but 50 levels wouldn't work in FPSC well. Also, it'd get really repetitive. It's already hard enough to get 5 levels to work and to work without being repetitive. Plus, I doubt anyone would want to download an FPSC game 12-15 gigabytes. MW2 on the PC is 11 gigabytes itself.

If something is perfect, it probably doesn't work. -PWP
edcsaqwxz
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok dark stfu dude i didnt steal your name ive had that name for my game for the past 7 months ive never posted it on the forums till receltly cause i ran into so many problems getting airmod to work that i decided not to post about it till i got all the bugs worked out.
edcsaqwxz
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Uh... yeah... right. Sorry to rain on your parade, but 50 levels wouldn't work in FPSC well. Also, it'd get really repetitive. It's already hard enough to get 5 levels to work and to work without being repetitive. Plus, I doubt anyone would want to download an FPSC game 12-15 gigabytes. MW2 on the PC is 11 gigabytes itself."

Yes i know that my projected size is gunna be off a lot but i made that predection based on the size of my demo for my first level which was 107MB
Vent
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2010 01:43
A long post if fine... if it follows the rules.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=171003&b=25

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2010 09:25
Thread Locked

This thread has been locked for the following reason: Does not follow the forum rules for a WIP

AUP Section 3.17 ...Moderators shall, at their discretion, determine what constitutes a violation of these terms, along with generally accepted netiquette standards, and can take action against those who violate these rules.

If you contributed to the reason for locking, you may now find yourself on moderation, or in extreme cases a ban.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:26:38
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:26:38