Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Directions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2010 00:52
im testing a little box and making it move, if i was to make it move forward would i use X, Y or Z? and if i was to move it to the side what would i use? X, Y, Z? p

If There Is A Problem, Find The Question.
Lee Stevens 1st September 2007
Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2010 01:33 Edited at: 3rd Sep 2010 01:34
MOVE OBJECT moves the object what ever way it is facing. If it's facing straight up, it moves forward (up) on the Y axis, and so on. If it's facing a random direction, it moves forward in that direction. Same thing with MOVE OBJECT LEFT and MOVE OBJECT RIGHT, they are relative to the object's local orientation.

To move them respective to global orientation, you can use POSITION OBJECT, i.e. to move an object "up" you would increase the value of it's Y position. Left and right is the X axis, and closer and farther is the Z axis.

Lee Stevens
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2010 04:12
@Rich, thanks for that I tested that out and tried making the box jump but once i make it jump it didn't come down, any ideas?

If There Is A Problem, Find The Question.
Lee Stevens 1st September 2007
CocaCola
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2010 08:31
We will need your code.

I want coke, not Pepsi!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 22:23:54
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 22:23:54