Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / PROJECT ISIS-Work in Progress

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
[c][/c]
[i]Project Isis. A top secret, eight-trillion dollar initive with one goal: to evolve the Isis Virus from a rare mutagenetic virus found occasionally in nature to a mass-producable highly contagious superweapon. Well, boys, that's all well and good, but you can probably guess this part: Command lost contact with the base about two days ago, and now you're goin' out to investigate what happened. As a recap, your mission is to sweep the tower housing the project for evidence of what happened. This could potentially turn ugly, so I want you boys ready to rock 'n' roll by the time it does. Good luck. Franks, out.
-Colonel Joseph Franks, Project Isis intro[/s]

Project Isis is a work in progress game I have been working on. You play as Corpral Kyle Durns, a member of a squad of four sent to secure Project Isis. As the senior member of your squad in the field, you command your squadmates in this endevour.
Your mission begins in Hangar 9 of Project Isis, aproximately 12 stories from the ground of the planet:

More in a minute, I want to get this up.

Thou who playith a good game soon become owned by it.
AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2010 20:34
Story is good although overused under many aspects.

I would like to see more screens aswell.

Abdul Ahad
FPSCGames
User Banned
Posted: 6th Sep 2010 00:41
I Have a Friend Named Isis lol

Looks Empty and you do need more screens I Think but i did really
like the story it could really be somthing

AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2010 01:45
That is one funky title banner.

GroxGlitch
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, overused. Well, I guess that means I just have to work a little harder to make it more defined!

Yeah, I've gotten that empty feeling myself, but I can't really find much to populate them thus far. They won't be so empty once I get some more things done such as squadmates, dialogue, yadda yadda yadda. For now it's just the crummy map.

And yes, that title is funky. It's what you get when you use MS Paint, 15 minutes, and a cramping hand.

Nbt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2010 16:21
ISIS: Goddess of motherhood, magic and fertility seems a strange name for a killer virus

RAXMUX Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2010 18:50
Ermh...
Try this to create a new logo (free and veeeery simple to use)

http://cooltext.com/

Hamburger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2010 19:10
I could make a logo for you if you want. I'm pretty skilled at fireworks.
GroxGlitch
Years of Service
User Offline
I made a much better logo, I'll replace the current vommit one soon. Thank you for that link, RAXMUX.

@NBT: It's supposed to be somewhat ironic. Don't know if it is, but heck, I tried.

bobochobo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2010 21:55
Logo looks... unique. Screen looks poor; add some lights, some entities on the floor, change the wall texture so it tiles better.

Story sounds decent compared to other virus/zombie/superweapon games, maybe add a bit more depth, i.e, year, country, why it was developed.

RAXMUX Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2010 22:12
Quote: "Thank you for that link, RAXMUX."

You're welcome !
Just ask me if you want help with something

GroxGlitch
Years of Service
User Offline
Very well, I'll add in some backstory...

EARTH: AUGUST 14TH, 2092
On August 14th, 2092, the Great Exedus (spelling? My brain's fried, at the moment ) happened. It
had been in planning for years. 3 Billion people set off in massive ships towards parts unknown.
Using TH-D (Tachyon Hyper-Displacement) Devices, these ships traveled from Sol, and this general
part of the galaxy to almost the complete other side. Once here, this chunk of space soon developed
technologies Earth couldn't dream of. They soon built their own empires, with two major powers developing:
The Monarchy, and the FWR, or Free Worlds' Republic. The Monarchy was very aggressive, and the FWR soon
found itself it hot water, well over it's head.

TROUBLED TIMES: JUNE 20TH, 3002
As this massive war continued, and slowly developed into a stalemate, the FWR drew the line; enough was enough.
They approved Project 101-6B, or in layman's terms, Project Isis, the objective of which was to take a mutagenic
virus found occasionally in nature, coined Isis by it's discoverers, and alter it to become both much quicker to
reproduce, and much more contagious. As months soon became a year, the FWR became anxious; time was running out.
That's when their worst fears were realized.

PROJECT: ISIS; MARCH 12TH, 3003
On March 10th, 2003, communications went dead with the massive instalation that housed Project: Isis. They were
somewhat alarmed, but knowing the planet and system it was housed in, solar radiation could be blocking their comms.
After two days without a peep, FWR Command dispatched and elite team to find out what happened.
That's essentially where the game starts.

Some info, with pictures:

The FWR protect their infantry with P-2201 Powered Armour, which you could pelt with modern day .50 cal rounds and it
would do nothing but piss him off, barring a headshot. The weapon designed with the armour was the G-42 Caseless
Gauss Rifle, using electromagnets to propel big shells at insane velocities. It can be used as a big rifle by power
armor-less infantry, but infantry with P-2201 Armour are able to use it with one hand, albet with a decrease in
accuracy.

Two FWR Marines with G-42 Gauss Rifles, wearing P-2201 Power Armour.

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2010 17:33
I'd recommend steering away from lazy sites like cool text. Better to make your own crappy logo in paint than let some website do it for you.

As for the screen shot, add more details and lights. Look around websites like [href]fps-files.com[/href] and http://fps-media.mk-tek.com/ for media, and read the .pdf manual included with FPSC.

I'd love to see things from your point of view but I can't get my head that far up my bum.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 08:25:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 08:25:27