Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / another flashlight problem..

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2010 17:15
Hi all !

i'm just curios, can we create flashlight effect from spotlight or light entity in FPSCreator X10? Maybe like moving the light with the player.. When we use the flashlight, all thing, i mean all entities in the room, have dynamic shadows. Just like Real Flashlight.. Is there any script or Mod to make this happen? I'm searching everyday, but still no answer..

i really need this flashlight effect for my project.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2010 17:31
There isn't a flashlight yet for FPSC x10, unfortunately.

What if your toaster was possessed?
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2010 18:00 Edited at: 6th Sep 2010 19:18
you can get a light but it is strobe effect so anyone with epillepsy will not be happy. its to do with guns ai. its the muzzleflash and in x9 its continual but x10 is strobing and i have not yet found a way to keep it fully on. maybe a job for budokaiman.

but as to what your after you will have to either ask budokaiman or someone who can work with the source code.

hope this helps.

brainwave................
make a hud that covers screen thats black then erase the area you want and then set ambient to what level you think is good.

infact i will do it. and will post with script so its already for use.

well it works but a bit iffy. as you have to have fog black and extremely close but if you want it i will upload. i tried a mini vid but its ave 25mb so i think its just get it if you want it will send it tomorrow. p.s. i am not anal and do with it what you want all my work and my script which is as advanced as i am. i am working still on animating huds as the guy who was on was getting a bit tired of trying. so anyway no restrictions i aint after praise or respect or anything so all yours just dont sell it unless you make a good version then well done you.

tried a photo but for some reason does not pic up the hud.

will send later

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2010 23:07
I was playing in DBP the other day i'm ok with it but not perfect and its only a very basic start but i did get a flash light system workign that used a normal light source that appears in front of the player camera upon a key press.

It would need work and if i had saved the code i would have passed it onto Budokaiman to see if he could add it or adapt it as I'm sure he could make it better.

Mystic Mod - Putting the fear back into sliced bread since 4th May 2010
Windows 7 Pro, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Dual nvidia SLI 9800GT 1GB, 1.5TB Hard disk

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 17:17:37
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 17:17:37