Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Object animation problems (Dark Matter)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2010 09:21
I'm suggesting you all got the Dark Matter package.
I have tried to spawn one of the darkmatter models inside my DarkGDK project. I used the AppendObject function to simplify the code, the code to load the object goes like this:

And then for doing the animations i wrote this in the main loop

However this give me a laggy animation on the last frame of the ninja model.
The model used is: media\\models\\People\\Ninja\\H-Ninja in the DarkMatter folder
Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
I see this hasn't been answered for days, maybe because the problem is not quite clear. What exactly do you mean by laggy animation? If you explain the problem, I'll try to help by loading the same model and see if I can reproduce it.
TheDuke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2010 13:12
Well sorry for replying late the MailBack never sent me a mail so thought the thread was long dead. Well at the end of the Run animation the head makes a big jump. Although i solved this by applying object interpolation.
Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2010 19:26 Edited at: 10th Oct 2010 19:35
Sorry for the late answer, it took me some days to find time to load the model into a test program and try it. Yes, it jumps. Apparently the animation is not smooth, or maybe those jumpy frames were intended as a transition between two animations and not as part of the movement loop.

You didn't write which file you used for the running animation, I suppose it was "H-Ninja-Move.x"? (That's actually walking but I didn't find a closer fit in the animation set.)

If I look at it in slow motion, it seems that the "offending" frames are at the beginning. It has 25 frames and if I leave out the first 5 frames of the animation, then it is smooth. Try to loop the animation between frame 5 and the end frame instead of frame 0 and the end. (The starting frame number will be different for you since you append the animations together, I think in your case it will be 30 instead of 25.) Give that starting frame to dbLoopObject. If this doesn't help, then the object interpolation that you did is a good idea.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-30 11:09:43
Your offset time is: 2024-06-30 11:09:43