Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2010 06:28 Edited at: 11th Sep 2010 06:29
dmw

Name of Game death match world

Which FPSCreator you are using fpsc x9

Storyline
2105 A person had an idea of a death match
area 2115 his dream came to reality

screenshots

Demo download link

http://www.filefront.com/17278482/dmw-demo.zip/

maps with the demo
dm_ship1

full game Progress

game is going good

maps
dm_city Work In Progress
dm_ship1 Done
dm_ship2 Work In Progress
dm_cool Work In Progress
dm_moon Work In Progress

feature
fpsc ip 4.0

ethan game
Years of Service
User Offline
update cameing soon

ethan game
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2010 07:15 Edited at: 11th Sep 2010 07:16
dmw demo update 1

[href]http://www.filefront.com/17280689/dmw demo update 1.zip[/href]

Zay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2010 09:05
I don't get you...
You made many threads now and still you haven't read the rules and still you haven't improved in you level design (bland,almost no entities,no lighting,etc.), and advertise you website that has nothing to offer to be honest.

Contact me in Skype,name- nejcplan
DJ Almix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2010 09:37
What needs to be changed:
1. You have to use stock media well or make some custom media because the rooms are to big and to un-populated
2. Add some lights and turn on lightmapping
3. In the last screenshot there's like 10 doors.
4. The beds are pushed to far back
5. the story seems incredibly bland.

Your on your way though

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2010 16:35
Quote: "5. the story seems incredibly bland."

Seems like a fun little Death Match story :-P

ethan game
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2010 02:40 Edited at: 12th Sep 2010 02:41
update

full game Expansion Packs

RPG role playing Expansion Pack
citys and towns Expansion Pack

ethan game
Years of Service
User Offline
new dm_ship1

Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2010 05:15
*face palm* I know that we are only supposed to add constructive criticism but I agree with Zay... You pop out games that look like you threw together in 3 minutes... Do you even read our posts? Because we try to help you make things better but you just put a few more things that doesn't even fit in...

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2010 09:00
Sorry to be rude, but do you even look at the comments? Seems like you're not responding and just posting more stuff.

Deevos Cranium
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2010 16:26
I may be wrong but your goal is to make a straight forward but fun multi-player game using the stock seg's and ent's?
I am also guessing you have a low spec pc and want to make the best game possible with that spec?
If that's the case then maybe you should listen to what everyone is trying to say to you.
It is possible to make a really good game using just the stock material but you have to do it right,your rooms look too random so try adding a level or two and when you place objects make sure they are there for a reason and not just placed there to look good as cover,if you want a room with beds then make sure it looks like a room for beds add some lockers and a few tables with some chairs and make it look like its lived in or something,dont give up though just listen to the advice and reply once in a while

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2010 19:47 Edited at: 14th Sep 2010 19:48
Quote: "lots of words of advice from DC"

That's just about the most well thought out and usefull c&c I've ever seen on these forums, well done. I wish more people would give advice like that, then maybe so many people wouldn't get so disheartened and abandon their WIPS

I game therefore I am.
Zay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2010 20:01
Quote: " then maybe so many people wouldn't get so disheartened and abandon their WIPS"

Yeah but if you look at his other games and compare them with this one,IMO he improved by 0& to be honest.I get this feeling he doesn't even read our comments

Contact me in Skype,name- nejcplan
bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2010 20:10
Unfortunately, even good advice is sometimes ignored.

My point was that some of the advice I have read on here isn't very constructive at the best of times.

To paraphrase some of the advice I've read; "needs more entities" or "needs better light placement".

Whilst these comments have undoubtedly been true, I rarely see advice that explains how to place better lighting, or how to make better use of entities.

IMHO DC's post was a fair balance of what is needed, why it's needed and how to implement it.

I game therefore I am.
da2020
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2010 12:57 Edited at: 15th Sep 2010 13:04
@bruce3371 there's been thousands of tutorial in the forum about making a good game the community guide is one of them we don't need to tell him everything he needs to do all he's got to do is to read all those guides by himself but if he's very lazy and still keep on posting those under basic games then nothing will happen no matter how hard we encourage him and tell him those things he needed to do.
Quote: "isn't very constructive"
do you even know whats the meaning of constructive? we don't tell him where to place that entities, where to place does segments or anything else he had to work it out himself until many people like it its his own game for crying out loud.
bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2010 18:21
@da2020 Did you even bother to read all of my post? At no point did I suggest that people tell him how to do everything.

Entry from dictionary.com;

"con·struc·tive
   /kənˈstrʌktɪv/ Show Spelled[kuhn-struhk-tiv] Show IPA
–adjective
constructing or tending to construct; helping to improve; promoting further development or advancement ( opposed to destructive): constructive criticism."

So, yes, I do know what constructive means. Unlike some people round here, I actually put my education to good use!

Comments like "needs more entities" or "needs better lighting" are neither constructive nor helpfull.

Explaining how to place entities and how to use better lighting, are constructive and helpfull.

Note how I said how and not where. However, I have no doubt that you'll choose to skip over that part of my post, just like you did with my previous post.

If a forum member can't expect to get usefull and constructive advice from other members, (and surely, that is the whole point of a forum) then what's the point of having a forum?

I game therefore I am.
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh you need more design skill you know.Lighting effect,I dont want to say anything about that.I suggest you to download V1.17 for your
Fps Creator and it have a tutorial for design level

Hello
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2010 13:36 Edited at: 18th Sep 2010 13:37
Quote: "So, yes, I do know what constructive means. Unlike some people round here, I actually put my education to good use!"

And use google to search that up quickly?

Quote: "If a forum member can't expect to get usefull and constructive advice from other members, (and surely, that is the whole point of a forum) then what's the point of having a forum?"

We are giving alot of input to him, but if he doesen't read the input, then what's the point of giving critisism?

bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2010 19:15
Quote: "And use google to search that up quickly? "

To prove a point, that my usage of the word 'constructive' was in fact, correct.

Quote: "Unfortunately, even good advice is sometimes ignored."

See what happens when you don't fully read previous posts? You miss the point completely.

I game therefore I am.
ethan game
Years of Service
User Offline
new dm_ship1
http://www.filefront.com/17299921/dmw.wmv

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2010 20:37 Edited at: 18th Sep 2010 20:57
Quote: "See what happens when you don't fully read previous posts? You miss the point completely."

Didn't you read what I quote I was answering to?
And I did read your posts. But wouldn't that sentence make the sentence I quoted before, pointless?

Quote: "new dm_ship1
http://www.filefront.com/17299921/dmw.wmv"

I'm gonna download this and see what it's like. And as this is the NEW dm ship, I hope to see some improvement. So that we can see if you actually did listen to our critisism.

EDIT* I open up the page (multiple times) and nothing appears. It just gives the FileFront banner on the top, nothing else.

ethan game
Years of Service
User Offline
dont download the game
download the Video

ethan game
Years of Service
User Offline
no improvement in the game
Video is the new map
the game download is the same its the old game

ethan game
Years of Service
User Offline
I need 1 beta testers

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
oh man, you dont get it, dont ya'
why dont you read some tutorials on fpsc lvl design?

your games are looking the same, and the same is bad, because they are looking bad :\

just ask what you need improving, if you dont, then just dont post anymore, because open people will get more comments

unless you are a troll

Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2010 21:15
Quote: "I need 1 beta testers"

And I need a Porsche 356B,but nobody wants to sell me one...

James is right.

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2010 21:40

Dude... Ive been reading through this thread and I am amazed that you havent even thought about listening to the crits of your fellow forum members and improving on your game! You just keep posting updates when everyone here is telling you that THE GAME NEEDS IMPROVEMENT! If you are not willing to listen to others advice and improve then why are you part of thsi forum in the first place. I get only limited time to actually play games, and I can assure you this will not be one of them

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2010 21:44
Quote: "I get only limited time to actually play games, and I can assure you this will not be one of them "

Yeah, and if it wont matter anyways, by seeing how you take the crit people give you, it wouldn't be worth it. I want to see you actually do some improvement with this game. Or is the deal, that you only listen to your beta testers? Or propably that you improved it alot and now you will surprise us with an amazing game, just that you haven't told us about it? Wather way, it's not working quite well for you, do you agree?

Seems like you also need an edit button

bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2010 22:39 Edited at: 18th Sep 2010 22:40
For some reason, the points I have been trying to make have somehow been missed. Maybe I haven't been making myself clear. In order to correct any possible misunderstandings, here is a summary of the points I have been trying to make;

Point 1; I was merely complimenting Deevos Cranium for his constructive post, giving more advice than just the usual 'needs more entities' or 'needs better lighting'.

Point 2; The forum is here for people to seek advice, and if they are knowledgable to give it. If we cannot do either of these things, there is no point in having a forum. It's all very well pointing to a bunch of tutorials, but some people (myself included) prefer the 1 to 1, personal touch when seeking advice/information.

Point 3; I acknowledged that not everyone takes advice, no matter what form it takes or how good or bad it is. In this case, I would have to agree that, even with Deevos Cranium's constructive post, ethan game does not seem willing to take people's advice no matter how good or bad it is.

Now that I have hopefully cleared things up, lets stick to the topic from now on.

I game therefore I am.
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2010 14:01
The page to download the video doesen't load up. IT just has the banner and advertisement. The rest of the page is just white.

Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
You Know.My first game called Code is bad you knowmy design is so bad but I make improvement to my next game called Legacy Warfare and then I made it.You think that new people cant be good as the other?Yes you can.But please make improvement to your game,all people want you to be good as the other.

Hello
Deltayo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "You think that new people cant be good as the other?Yes you can."
ethan game isn't new at all. He has been on these forums countless times with the same skill of level design portrayed in each game he produces. I have heard that he has also been through countless bans and slaps aswell.
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2010 16:52
Quote: "You think that new people cant be good as the other?Yes you can"

WEll, but I can see you put some effort to your game. This just looks like the same over and over and over again... (I did that some time ago didn't I?). And I know alot of new (or alteast newer) people, that actually are really good. They know how to use lighting and entities and so on...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 03:13:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 03:13:59