Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Land of the Demons gameplay video w/ bloodsplatter

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Here's a video update on my game Land of The Demons, it demonstrates the lifebar, bloodsplatter, artifical intelligence, music and sound effects. The blood splatter is kind of buggy right now, I'm still working on working out the bugs. Let me know what you think, i've posted a few threads with really no responses. Thanks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJxUzr12BnY

Pilz X Schizo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2010 08:21
After watching it I realized I was being too judgmental so I watched it again to be more open minded and thought it was quite good . Needs alot more work but overall I can say good job and keep at it, Good luck and hope to see this again in the near future .
Dodga
Years of Service
User Offline
I realize the graphics aren't the greatest, but I'm working on it. I'm more working on getting the engine complete before adding a bunch of content. The slowness is because of fraps.
Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
The game is obviously in the early stage of development but it's a good work so far. It took me a while to realize that the second sound effect is probably the blood spots hitting the ground. I find that strange, I don't think it should make such a strong noise, and audible even when you run away from the place. Also, there is not much showing of the AI yet, other than the last zombie moving a little towards the player.

What I found nice is that the stepping sound is in sync with the running animation. At a portion of the video however, I felt that the stepping sound was replaced by the blood splatter sound - or was it just obscured by it and the sound was accidentally the same rhythm? I think the stepping sound should be the louder effect.

Keep up the good work, there is still a lot to do on the program but you know that.
Dodga
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the input on the blood splatter effect, it does sound kind off Odd I will admit. I figured out that it is because when you kill a monster a geyser of blood shoots out of the monster, but because of fraps it comes out alot slower so you dont get the full effect.

The running has an algorithm built in that keeps the frame rate steady no matter what, but I have yet to implement that in the other actions.

What do you think of the sound where the sword hits the monster?

The AI's pretty much attack you when you get to a certain distance, but they do have the smarts to follow you around the level, you can even get big groups heading after you, I just did not demonstrate it in the video.

Thanks again for the critique, I will definitely keep you updated.
Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "What do you think of the sound where the sword hits the monster? "

That was a litle strange too because it sounds like two swords clashing or a sword on metal, but the monsters didn't have weapons or armor to make that sound. But I thought maybe they will have later, or their bodies are so hard, the game can explain it. Otherwise the effect is good.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-02 08:30:43
Your offset time is: 2024-07-02 08:30:43