Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Thick teacher looking for a way to code

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2003 01:37
Thick teacher not eligible for free DB classic looks for fastest way to code a way for people to remember a 'test' !!!??
Problem -- you have to ride real horse around arena & do correct movements in correct place. Walking round floor is boring way to learn. i.e. enter at trot down middle, turn right at bottom, circle right half width of arena (get the idea) Built the arena but do I have to code by checking position on matrix all the time or would it be quicker to build transparent walls. There are 30 of these tests to code. Has any one built a kind of maze game or something I could look at code of for ideas
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2003 01:47
Transparent walls is close - I guess you want Waypoints. Set your waypoints, and move towards each one by angle and checking the distance. When you get within a specific distance (zero, or as close as you need to be) check the coordinates of the next waypoint and adjust to hit it.

BatVink (formerly StevieVee)
http://facepaint.me.uk/catalog/default.php
lothlorien
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2003 00:46
Not sure what waypoints are unless they are just markers I set around the 'arena' That's the way I was doing it, but as a guess it will take about 2 years to code & the tests change every year.
So was looking for a simpler way. It wouldbe worth the effort if it was a marketable product.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2003 02:54
I assume your test tells you where to go. Can you not use one of the free map editors to plot your matrix, then hide the objects and use them as waypoints?

Or how about simple pen and graph paper to work it out, and have an input system to allow you to enter X/Z coordinates into a 2D array, and use this array for your waypoints?

BatVink (formerly StevieVee)
http://facepaint.me.uk/catalog/default.php

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 01:12:26
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 01:12:26