Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / TYPE command documentation?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2010 20:05
I cannot find documentation for the TYPE command (or ENDTYPE for that matter) in the DBPro Help section. The command is used in the BouncingBalls demo.

Am I blind? Or is this a third party command?

Can I use TYPE to define an opponentĀ“s stats in an RPG and later bring on a dozen of opponents just by referring to the TYPE name and an index number?

Sorry for being this dumb.

--
Abolish All Religions
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2010 21:59
TYPE is built-in.

Open up the help main menu, click on 'PRINCIPLES', then on 'Datatypes and variables' and then scroll down to the section 'USER DEFINED TYPES'.

Utility plug-ins (26-JUL-2010)
I'm applying terms of use that require you to wear a red nose and honk a horn whenever you use the Internet
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2010 11:39
Just type type or endtype into dbpro, and then press F1?

The F1 button is every bit as useful as the F5 button IMO

Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2010 22:46
Quote: "Can I use TYPE to define an opponentĀ“s stats in an RPG and later bring on a dozen of opponents just by referring to the TYPE name and an index number?
"

Yep, and with IanM's utilities, you can save type arrays to a file. A great way to save your game state if you have everything in UDTs.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 22:31:58
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 22:31:58