Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Compiling Annoyance

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I searched a bit but couldn't find the answer to my problem.

So I just got the bonanza thing and have just started learning dbp.
At first everything worked fine following tutorials and whatnot. But I would get an error everytime I compiled saying I needed to update dbp. So I did. But now I'm getting syntax errors for some tutorials (I understand this is from the language updating most likely. Just a horrible sign, reminding me of my frustrating days with 3D game studio...)
But anyway, the most annoying thing is that now if I do something simple like:

Print "Hello World"
Wait Key

It takes like 2 minutes to compile. There's no way I can learn scripting if I have to wait 2 minutes to compile EVERY time I need to check how my code is working.
And no it's not my computer because before the update it would take maybe 1 second.
Any help here would be hot.
Thanks.

-Yensoo

-Yensoo
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2010 20:13
I can only guess here, but my guess would be that your AV software doesn't like DBPro for some reason.

Try temporarily deactivating your AV and see if that makes a different.

Utility plug-ins (26-JUL-2010)
I'm applying terms of use that require you to wear a red nose and honk a horn whenever you use the Internet
Quel
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah the latest compiler is like 5 times slower for me too, but 2 minutes damn!...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 22:26:57
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 22:26:57