Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Invalid Board specified. Please return to the Forum Index

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2003 13:42
I was wondering if this was due to the forum database being updated or locked temporarily, it prevents me from posting?

Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2003 14:30
Where do you get it?

The sky above the port was the colour of television, tuned to a dead channel.
Your brain's just like any other appliance: it works better if you plug it in...
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2003 15:15 Edited at: 30th Sep 2003 15:20
I'm trying to post an entry in http://darkbasicpro.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=17560&b=13

I can't even post here the text I'm trying to post as it fails here to, so I can't even show you what the text is. Its very odd as when I post it, it immediately comes up with Page Not Found error in browser and then that title appears above the posting box when I go back.

APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2003 15:21
Rich, I'll email you the text to see if it's something in the post itself thats throwing it...

APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2003 16:02
Rich, I think it's the machine I was using for accessing the forum, I did it from my dev machine and it worked. God knows why!

Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2003 03:17
Strange. The boardid (the value that would cause this error) is stored in the form content itself. Do you have some kind of firewall or anything I need to be aware of on the machine that died? What about your IE security settings level? How high?

Cheers,

Rich

Your brain's just like any other appliance: it works better if you plug it in...
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2003 12:11
Rich,

The machine I had the problem on is running WinXP with the network firewall (advanced tab) disabled, but it is running McAfee firewall (latest version). Also, the secutiry settings for IE were set to the default medium level. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the problem but when the error occurred, the cursor in the editbox for entering post text was flickering very quickly, as if it was caught in some fast running loop. I'm using that machine now to post this, so if this fails, there must be a problem with the firewall or security settings.

Paul.

Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2003 13:18
Try setting your forum profile to use the simple post form - the firewall might be arguing with the javascript.

Cheers,

Rich

APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2003 21:14
I shall comply, cheers

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 14:43:56
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 14:43:56