Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2010 12:24 Edited at: 21st Sep 2010 12:28
Level 1

Developer: tecbug

Story: No story for now. It's only one level WIP to gain critique from you. Game is going to be old-school shooter with many dark places

Description: It's my first playable level with stock objects. Only Cave Demon (enemy) is purchased.

Please tell me:
- what I made wrong
- what do you think about lights
- what do you think about level design
- are you keen to play next level, or are you bored
- what average framerate did you get
- any other comments are welcome.

It would be great if you also rate (0-10):
1. lights and mood
2. gameplay
3. level design
4. game consistency

Screenshots

If You see this door, you've completed Level 1:

DL link: http://tecbug.pl/pub/level1.zip (54 MB)

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2010 12:39
hey, nice job with the lighting, it looks pretty nice and atmospheric, and the levels look fairly detailed, but remember to try to add wall and ceiling stuff too, so that it's not just a bunch of stacked crates on the ground.

imageflock.com/img/1272671763.jpg[/img]
skype = isaacpreston. I want to talk to YOU
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice game and work.I think you need story,It will be nice game

Hello
AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2010 15:00
The lighting is absolutely mind blowing!

I'll be trying the game in a little while...

Abdul Ahad
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2010 17:55 Edited at: 21st Sep 2010 18:53
The lighting was great! Just amazing job on that. And the level design was good too. Enemy placement was also awesome, except one enemy got stuck in the boxes. The second one I quess. And when the three enemies spawned one of them too, behind the boxes, in the big room, before the orange (or yeloow wich one is it?) room. The entity placement was ok. It wasn't that great. It was just piles of boxes, next to pile of barrels. and that over and over and over and over and over and over (you get hte idea) again. You could argue,that it's the same place, but some variation would be nice. Maby mix the barrels and the boxes with eachother? At least that. And I found one glitch! Just one, no more no less. It was in the yellow room. When you jump on the back of the sofa, you could see trought the ceiling and the floor.

My verdict would be:
6/10. That's very good, as I decided to use the REAL system (5 being Average). And it's your first working level too. Congrats on getting built

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2010 18:32 Edited at: 21st Sep 2010 19:33
Testing now

EDIT: Test:

For your first Project, this was really well done...

Quote: "
- what I made wrong"

If it ever comes to be part of a full game: It has a complete lag of gameplay. You should add more stuff the player can do and maybe set the ennemies so they are a bit more of a challenge. I also didn't know where I was, since the levels are all made out of boxes and barrels. Some kind of futuristic warehouse? And what are those ennemies supposed to be?

You should add some more eyecatcher, things the player will notice and say "oh hey! Thats cool!" ... wallposters and little details do the trick.

You didn't really do anything completely wrong except for one thing.

Its awful to have a fully animated gun with hands and a high quality like the beretta and find a shotgun without any hands in different style later...the guns should atleast have the right hands.

And, another big downer is the complete lag of sounds

- what do you think about lights"

The lights where surely the best thing in the level. They added a cool athmosphere and where very well placed. I like the overall blueish tone. The Bloom is a bit much, but it suits the design.
- what do you think about level design"

You don't do anything wrong...the leveldesign just doesn't interest... its full of boxes, barrels, boxes and then barrels again. You really don't find anything thats worth looking at. Its awesome that you added shadereffects though.

- are you keen to play next level, or are you bored"

Actually its a bit boring...yes...I'm always honest if I write replies.

- what average framerate did you get"

Not a single lag, the game runs perfect on my average system specs.

- any other comments are welcome."

You are a bit newer but you have potential. Keep it up, try to improve and the most important part: Do stuff yourself! Models, retextures...thats what makes a game. Everybody can place models in a map...but not everyone can make models or make scenes that look interesting.

1. lights and mood
2. gameplay
3. level design
4. game consistency

-Wolf

God Helps the Beast in Me!
tecbug
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2010 13:56 Edited at: 22nd Sep 2010 14:03
Thanks everyone for replies.

Leongamerz, yes i know everybody wants a story. Like it matter if you save the world (again), kill terrorists (again) or clean city from zombies (again) To be honest i never really care about story even in AAA games. But i know it's only me
I'll try make up some story.

AbdulAhad, so have you tried to play?

Bugsy, Metal Devil123, Wolf, I get your point about variety of objects in the game. I'll try to make it better.

Quote: "When you jump on the back of the sofa, you could see trought the ceiling and the floor."

Metal Devil123, thanks for that bug.

Wolf,
Quote: " I also didn't know where I was, since the levels are all made out of boxes and barrels. Some kind of futuristic warehouse? And what are those ennemies supposed to be?"

OK, ok, there will be a story

Quote: " You should add some more eyecatcher, things the player will notice and say "oh hey! Thats cool!" ... wallposters and little details do the trick"
I'll add them

Quote: "Actually its a bit boring...yes...I'm always honest if I write replies."

Good that You're honest. Could You show me games made in FPSC that you consider as interesting and with good gameplay?
I'd like to see good references.

Quote: " Its awful to have a fully animated gun with hands and a high quality like the beretta and find a shotgun without any hands in different style later...the guns should atleast have the right hands."
I know. The shotgun will be better. It was only for testing purpouses.

Quote: "You are a bit newer but you have potential. Keep it up, try to improve and the most important part: Do stuff yourself! Models, retextures...thats what makes a game. Everybody can place models in a map...but not everyone can make models or make scenes that look interesting."

I used mostly stock media because this level was made to familiarize me with FPSC editor, its lights, shaders, zones etc.
Now I'm going to learn AI scripts and entity editor. Later other aspects of FPSC game design.

Thanks for your criticism. Looking forward for other opinions.
maxiqueen123
Years of Service
User Offline
the last screeni looks sweet

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size.
AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2010 21:16
Oops i forgot to post my review... Sorry.

Here it is

Lighting : 9/10
Just briliant!

Design : 8/10
The design was well planned out but the stock segments sort of gave away the entire feeling. Not too much but i would recommend using some other segments.

Gameplay : 4/10
Not too good. Spawn points were awkward. Place them somewhere unique. Not just around the corner.

All the best for the future

Abdul Ahad

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 23:55:10
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 23:55:10