Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / darkgdk key

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hey i was wonder can someone tell me the keyto darkgdk

like punch button kick button,
jump button, etc u know what i mean

like when u playing game

the legendary master
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2010 17:39
what?...well maybe this is what you are looking for

Dodga
Years of Service
User Offline
This makes no sense honestly, are you looking for the scan codes for the keyboard key.
bkbatman
Years of Service
User Offline
i mean like the button like when u playing a game
like on a console on the pc

the key u use to move the player

that what i am talking about it make sense honestly

the legendary master
JTK
Years of Service
User Offline
Since you are making the game, you decide which key/button does what yourself (refer to Hassan's snippet above - or the sample code provided with GDK).

If this isn't what you're looking for, then I think you need to rephrase the question.

JTK
Pilz X Schizo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2010 21:12
Honestly, it does not make much sense at all. Not trying to be rude, but what your asking isn't very clear at all which makes it very difficult to help.

Now what JTK said, you decide which keys to make everything do what you want to do, then you can use Hassan's snippet to do that.

If you look in the Input section of the GDK Help file you will find everything you need, here is just a small list of keyboard stuff that may help...

dbUpKey : int dbUpKey ( void )
dbDownKey : int dbDownKey ( void )
dbLeftKey : int dbLeftKey ( void )
dbRightKey : int dbRightKey ( void )
dbControlKey : int dbControlKey ( void )
dbShiftKey : int dbShiftKey ( void )
dbReturnKey : int dbReturnKey ( void )
dbEscapeKey : int dbEscapeKey ( void )
dbSpaceKey : int dbSpaceKey ( void )
dbScanCode : int dbScanCode ( void )
dbKeyState : int dbKeyState ( int iScanCode )
dbEntry$ : char* dbEntry$ ( void )

...If your looking for a way to use more keys than the GDK default key commands you will need what Dodga was talking about in regards to Scancodes/Keystate. If that is the case then you will need to search for the Scancode list of the Keyboard.
Abraxas77
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "...If your looking for a way to use more keys than the GDK default key commands you will need what Dodga was talking about in regards to Scancodes/Keystate. If that is the case then you will need to search for the Scancode list of the Keyboard. "

... or you can discover them by creating a simple test that outputs a key's scancode to the screen, like so:

This code checks whether a key has been pressed; and, if so, prints the scancode of the last key to be pressed to the screen. Otherwise it will print "no key pressed".
Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2010 10:41 Edited at: 30th Sep 2010 10:44
@Abraxas77: You can find all the scan codes, with predefined constants you can use in your program, in the dinput.h file of the DirectX SDK, so you don't need to discover them all.

@bkbatman: There are no predefined keys, you have to decide and program what you want your game to do when a key is pressed.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-02 08:48:37
Your offset time is: 2024-07-02 08:48:37