Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / How to reflect a laser, work for physic , highschool, and urgent

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello i have fps creator x10 and i need to create a room with a laser that aims to a mirror and it reflects to another position

Incoming ray angle = Reflected Ray angle
that's the physical formula ?

I will explain

My teacher wants me to do that for an exam, i need to have a character that can shoot a laser , not exactly a character ,but i must show how the laser bounce against the mirror please it's urgent , for October 7

nothingh ere
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2010 13:25
FPSC won't let you reflect the ray via the normal, (a line perpendicular to the face of the mirror)...

You'll probably need to get DBP and program it yourself or something...

7045 Forum Messages
65 Forum Threads
It's been a good three years.
Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2010 13:57
Quote: "FPSC won't let you reflect the ray via the normal"

I suppose one good thing about FPS Creator is that it really encourages users to exercise ingenuity; and come up with alternative methods to all of the limitations that are out there;

Quote: "i need to create a room with a laser that aims to a mirror and it reflects to another position"

Make the laser 'gun' a stationary entity, and the laser beams dynamic entities that spawn when the player walks up to the laser gun and presses a key.

Kravenwolf

leon322
Years of Service
User Offline
Where do i get the mirror and the laser ?

nothingh ere
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2010 20:45
Quote: "Hello i have fps creator x10"

Wrong forum m8, this needs to be in the x10 forum

Windows 7, Amd Athlon 7750 Black Editon (64 bit,3ghz + Dual Core), ATI Readon HD 4870 1gb Edition, 4gb Ram.
leon322
Years of Service
User Offline
So.. what should i do?..
I just need to prove the refraction, the laser refracts against the mirror or surface

nothingh ere
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2010 16:46 Edited at: 29th Sep 2010 16:51
i think your teacher is asking a lot of you, and if he does know the software then he is def asking a lot and giving an impossible task unless you were taught how to code source code. and if he does not know the software then he is a bad teacher for asking someone to do something that he himself knows nothing about.

i think he wants you to sort his game making problems out for him (clever man)
it would have to be coded in source code, as its a physics matter, and the physics for light reflection of a forever moving active bullit would need more than a script or get around, as i think with exams and all they want a proper moving correct and accurate reflective angle shooting lazer, which is not available on x9 or x10. to my knowledge anyway

but kravenwolfs idea works but it is a cheat i think and not a real reflective shot ( maybe im wrong ) also you cant move the gun i believe either ,i may be wrong on that too, but teachers are known to want to know how it was done, and it may pass or may not pass. so i suggest you get a plan b too.

can get mirrors and guns on tgc store which is on your x10 editor interface.

well done kravenwolf

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
leon322
Years of Service
User Offline
Mmm i don't understand how to do what Kravenwolf says.

But, even if it's isn't true refraction, it would be ok, i mean, an animation, just imagine that the teacher must see something similar to refraction.

Plus i can't spend money, i bought a 90 dollars 2gb ram memory ddr2 800

nothingh ere
kitty101
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Mmm i don't understand how to do what Kravenwolf says.

But, even if it's isn't true refraction, it would be ok, i mean, an animation, just imagine that the teacher must see something similar to refraction.

Plus i can't spend money, i bought a 90 dollars 2gb ram memory ddr2 800"

you got ram scammed.

take back get this, http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104098

ontopic.

FPSC x10 won't do this unless you add in support or politely ask(Bribe) the maker of whatever that x10 mod is to do it for you.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 07:46:40
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 07:46:40