Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Beginner with question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi everyone.
I am beginner with c++ and using game engines too.
I wondering to learn with Panda3D because i planing(not now i am too beginer and a does not have team) to start make an mmorpg game in 3D.

My big question is: Is better Dark GDK for mmorpg then Panda3D?

sorry for my bad english and Thanks
CocaCola
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2010 21:44
Well i'm not sure what panda3D is but GDK you can also use c++, which is massive, along with a ton of expansions to it like dark physics, sparkys collision, dark ai, dark shader, dark lights, etc..
But in anything it is going to take a VERY long time (years) to make a MMORPG, unless it's a point and click software, but those tend not to be very good.

I want coke, not Pepsi!
Fatal Berserker
Years of Service
User Offline
If you think you can just make an mmorpg then you should go back to the drawing boards, it aint that simple.

Smoke me a kipper, ill be back for breakfast.
CocaCola
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2010 00:30
I dont think the words simple and mmorpg can go together in any way

I want coke, not Pepsi!
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2010 15:00 Edited at: 4th Oct 2010 15:00

make a successful little game or two, learn some coding techniques, know how to handle things right, and then you can "start thinking about" mmorpg's

to be honest, yet i havn't tried, but from what i've heared and read, it's the hardest game genre to create, it's not like :"<you play world of warcraft>....hey! i'll go learn C++ and make another WoW, gemme a month and i'll show it to you!!" (no offense, just saying)

anyhow, i dont know about the panda thing, but the commands in DarkGDK can do what most mmorpg's should, so it's a good choice, but for a "good" mmorpg, a directX wrapper is not enough, you really need native directX to implement advanced techniques and suff

Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
C++ is a powerful language but not the easiest to program in. GDK will make it LOTS better; but still, Hassan is right, make games that you can finish. If you try to go beyond your ability, you will become discouraged and may even quit. Aim small=miss small. Move up in complexity each time and the knowlege you gain from each step will result in better code and a better game.

Have fun!

The fastest code is the code never written.
Erik Kubica
Years of Service
User Offline
I never said that I want to do now mmorpg. To me it is quite clear that mmorpg is not for beginners. and also for those people it's quite difficult to have more years of programming experience and is then required at least 7-member team.

I just asked in advance that. Because I did not like to learn after years with another game engine.

CocaCola -> Panda3D is supporting c++.
Hassan -> i know it. I read about it on 10000000000 web sites.

Thanks for e.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-30 11:09:12
Your offset time is: 2024-06-30 11:09:12