Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Secretive Ops [x9]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2010 04:11 Edited at: 24th Nov 2010 18:50
Name: Secretive Ops (project is on HOLD at the moment)

Developer: Secretive Ops

The story is you are a one-man army supported by military forces to stop a crime syndicate from distributing potentially deadly weapons. You play as GSgt. Hall from the 73rd Ranger Regimen. You will have lots of weapons to choose from.

There are NO HUD whatsoever, giving a feeling of insecurity.

I have some ErrantAI weapons to add to the awesomeness.

I have full HD shaders.

Model Packs 9 and 10 are involved.

Model Pack 1 is involved.

There is bullet penetration in the game. Weak objects will be penetrated through, and dependent on the caliber bullet, will penetrate through walls.

Image of shaders and the M40A3 is attached.

Please be a bunch of sweethearts and donate some money towards the development of my FPSC Game. Funds are running low, and I have faith in this project.

Donate on the homepage of http://diverseuis.org/

Also bought Project Blue, so enjoy some new features.

project is on HOLD at the moment. Look for my other project!

Why does life suck the life out of you?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ModernVision
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool shaders.
Sound nice, like CoD Modern Warfare.Is there ironsights?To games like this is perfect. (Sorry about grammar.I'm polish )
Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2010 22:40 Edited at: 5th Oct 2010 22:41
Quote: "There is bullet penetration in the game. Weak objects will be penetrated through, and dependent on the caliber bullet, will penetrate through walls."

Don't quite believe that.I would be more than happy to be proven wrong though

bman332211
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2010 23:15
@ gencheff

the bullet penetration can easily be done with project blue thanks to this pack
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=162837&b=24

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2010 01:35
Yeah, but that just makes EVERY bullet pass through with no exceptions

Looks good, but it's too large. It needs to be smaller and more filled up.

Redoing my entire website... again. EDIT: Finished it! Whew.
SecretiveOps
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, that's the first campaign mission, Warehouse, you see on the picture. Yes, there are Ironsights, and I'm using the 3D scope from ErrantAI to spice things up. Forgot to add, that once the migration comes out, I'll be getting better ragdolls. Thanks for the support!

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2010 04:05 Edited at: 6th Oct 2010 04:05
The screens look really empty... and Bullet Penetration?? Is that possible in FPSC?? Anyways, mostly you need to add more clutter to the scene and post a few more pics. so we can get a better idea of the game.

Cheers,
Anayar

EDIT: Sorry, didnt see Bman's post... I guess it is possible then... time for me to get PB

For KeithC
PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2010 04:19
Quote: "I guess it is possible then..."

Actually, only slightly. All bullets, even melee, can go through an object with the script applied. The object has to be dynamic too. Plus, it doesn't even look that great TBH. There are no hit impacts or whatever. It is good to use for like transparent grates and whatnot though.

SecretiveOps
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a question. PW is right, it's sort of bland when the bullets travel through the walls. Is there a way to add a decal to make it look like the bullets off of CoD? Requesting scripts in a WIP post. I must be desperate.

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2010 02:26
Not right now. It'd have to be a variable, like every other x'th hit the bullet doesn't pass through and makes an impact. So nope, sorry.

SecretiveOps
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh well, I'll just stick with the +1kill hud every time you kill an entity (character). It'll at least give the person playing a freakout moment. LOL

SecretiveOps
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys. To let you know, I just bought Project Blue.

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
I dont want to be harsh, but that slogan "Extremly detailed game!" must be sarcastic right? Empty room with 83000+ polys? ...right?

I can't really comment on your screen, not much to see .

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2010 15:49
i agree with red-eye, maybe show us some more of your detailed enviorments

Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2010 20:04 Edited at: 30th Oct 2010 20:05
The lighting looks really dull in the screens... And there is that oh-so-hated DARKNESS in the screens! get that fixed before Bugsy sends you to hell...

And there is no lightsources in the screen... and the scriin is MASSIVE! Why nomt put a smaller screenshot so that we don't have be scrolling from side to side.

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Please be a bunch of sweethearts and donate some money towards the development of FPSC. "

Strongly suggest you change this, your asking for donations towards development of your FPSC game not FPSC itself.
I know you dont mean to be misleading but TGC may not apreeciate the wording.
SecretiveOps
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2010 18:50 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2010 00:42
@rolfy, I changed that. And @Metal Devil123, I'll fix that as soon as possible. Sorry, but when I took the screenie, I was running a 1920x1080 environment. Ill post some pics of the detailed environments in a few. BTW, the donation links are broken for some-odd reason. If somebody could tell me how to make a paypal buy button, that would be great.

EDIT: Fixed.

Astro Chickster
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Nov 2010 16:49
So detailed, you haven't got any visible lightsources.
SecretiveOps
Years of Service
User Offline
@Astro Chickster, did you seriously read my last post? You should really read everything before flapping your jaws.

Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2010 01:47
Please could you resize your images (and the one that's up) to 800 x 600. It will make your thread look much nicer and we won't need to scroll to see the images.
SecretiveOps
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, I will. I just thought of the world's best PB script.

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2010 22:57
Hi, I'm bugsy, and I'm here to send you to He...

actually, good job on the polycount, but you need to work to minimize detailed object use to maximize detail and minimize polycount.

imageflock.com/img/1283037700.jpg[/img]
-70k polys. use entities instead of segments. all detail is in the textures.

darkness isn't bad, but remember, pitch black is a logical impossibility.

imageflock.com/img/1272671763.jpg[/img]
skype = isaacpreston. I want to talk to YOU
SecretiveOps
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks bugsy. That pic looks pretty impressive. I was using the Corridor C segmenting.

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2010 23:17
I try not to use segments from anyone but free peopke about the forums like wolf and mccrazy, or myself.

imageflock.com/img/1272671763.jpg[/img]
skype = isaacpreston. I want to talk to YOU
SecretiveOps
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, just got a Zombies mode and added artificial sunlight, along with some WIN gun sounds. My new M40A3 fire sound sounds sexy.

Gunbarrelguru
Years of Service
User Offline
Not really much to see in the screen, could you show us more. And please for the LOVE OF GOD, let's put some detail in there. Or else I'll send Bugsby after you. light sources would be nice. It does have a 'slick' look that if kept constant should prove worthwhile. I'd like to see bullets pass through walls, that would be awesome.
*bullets fly through window and hit GBG's comp*

NOOOOOOOOOOO
SecretiveOps
Years of Service
User Offline
Lol that's for not noticing that I'm in Bugsy hell. Anyway, I fixed, but haven't really got to making more pics. Been busy lately.

RelMayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2010 22:32
This project sounds like a joke to me....
Seriously, I really hope this is a joke.

Please apologize my bad english, I'm French.

ELDORA Rocks !
assaam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2010 00:27 Edited at: 13th Nov 2010 00:36
Well, i don't want to sound rude, but even if you are not going to ask for money to support your game you should put way more effort in your game. Don't misunderstand me, but the storyline is very skinny, the leveldesign and lightning also does not look like a lot of work and a high number of polygons is definitly not what you want because it turns your game into a diashow.

So, enough negative comments, here comes the good part:
I recommend you dl Nickydudes official fpsc guide as well as all other guides the forum members like wolf did, as it shows you the possibilities of fpsc and can help you with the technical aspects of fpsc (there also was a leveldesign guide which is absolute win, you might want to look into that). The next step is to browse through the WIP and showcase boards of the forums and read stories and dl every screenie that looks good to you cause you need some sort of inspiration, you cannot create a game out of nothing and this is a good source besides google.
Another thing that might help you is the TGC Game design theory board, which is an absolute win too:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_read&i=19

PS: i forgot, dynamic bullet penetration is possible with PB variable system and the weapon scipts- simply attach a variable with a unique value for every caliber to the associated weaponscript(preferably a higher value for a stronger bullet) and a script to every entity that only lets bullets pass that exceed the entitys attached value. e.a.: the door let's only pass a weapons bullet that has a (let's call it P-Value) P-value higher than 12, M9 has a P-Value of 9, so nothing happens, Barret has a PV of 13 so it shoots right through it. See? no problem there.

Good luck, Daniel

it's not metal just because it sounds like explosive diarrhea.
SecretiveOps
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you. I actually have fixed this stuff, but time has been kicking my butt. I can't seem to get time to post pics.

And donations would REALLY help, I need to get some ErrantAI stuff to help with the game (his TF 341 characters, SCAR-L, so on and so forth.)

Thanks for the C&C.

SecretiveOps
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2010 18:30 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2010 18:31
OMG, my mom is freaking aggravating. Burn the dog's face off ONE time and she lets me on once in a blue moon.

JK, but time is not my friend, and I have to get this project done so I can present it for my tech fair. Then release it here. Then sell it to my friends. BTW, you guys should REALLY see my sunlight. Go to my sound pack for weapons, and watch that video. That is my new zombies map.

@RelMayer, why do you hope this is a joke?

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
(his TF 341 characters, SCAR-L, so on and so forth.)

you should really know that this arent released... so on forth you are asking money for something who doesnt have a release date yet?

SecretiveOps
Years of Service
User Offline
I can purchase the stuff from him, I just have to set up the gunspec, animations, and whatnot myself. He just gives you the models to work with. At least that's what I heard. And if I can't, it'll go towards scenery, I'm practically covered for weapons. (Vietnam project coming up next... )

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:53:00
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:53:00