Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [x9] The Clarkson Residence

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2010 09:04 Edited at: 6th Oct 2010 09:06
The Clarkson Residence

Story

There's a dirt road that trails deep into the Darshal Hills forest. It leads to a house known as The Clarkson Residence. And when the wind rustles the branches on the two live oak trees in the half-acre front yard, and flaps the faded shudders on the tainted windows, they tell of a horrible murder that took place behind those walls many years ago. Legend says that every night at two AM, the ghost of the mother that used to live there comes out and roams the house until five AM, searching for her husband, who she had been waiting for the night that she was murdered.

Prologue

You play the role of Linda, an average, twenty three year old girl who has always been curious about the house. She makes a visit at about one AM, and surprisingly, the front door isn't locked. Hoping maybe she'll see or hear something interesting, she stays until two, with the intent of leaving after she investigates. But things take a turn for the worst, preventing her from doing so. Now, for three hours, she has no choice but to surrender to the evil that resides in the house. Throughout her struggle for survival, she makes unnerving discoveries, and uncovers more of the gruesome, devastating story behind The Clarkson Residence.

Screenshots

It might not look that great, but this is still a WIP.

Any feedback is welcome.

Cheers, Jake
------------------------------------------------------------
-The Clarkson Residence- (WIP)
Nbt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2010 10:49
I read the title and had Top Gear in my head as I opened the topic up

vortech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2010 14:37
Way too empty.

Check for pure horror.
And Now with real demo.
King Of Khaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2010 05:48
@ vortech - In case you never read the end of my original post, this game is still a WIP... Hence the fact that it's in the WIP board...

Cheers, Jake
PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2010 05:57
He's just giving you criticism mate, that's what a WIP is for anyways

Redoing my entire website... again. EDIT: Finished it! Whew.
King Of Khaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2010 07:28
I am aware that it's empty, i'm going to fix that.

Cheers, Jake
D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "In case you never read the end of my original post, this game is still a WIP... Hence the fact that it's in the WIP board..."

Agree with PWP, don't blame users for giving you comments. If you don't wish to hear your rooms are empty although you know it - then don't post in that state. Simple like that

Quote: "Any feedback is welcome."

Your lights are a kinda misplaced, they don't fit the lamp positions.

King Of Khaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2010 12:50 Edited at: 9th Oct 2010 12:51
Quote: "Agree with PWP, don't blame users for giving you comments. If you don't wish to hear your rooms are empty although you know it - then don't post in that state. Simple like that"

I knew it was empty, but it doesn't make much sense to point that out, because once again, this is still a WIP. It's one thing if you tell me something that is already there just needs to be changed, but i personally don't see any point in stating that it's empty. Of course it's going to be empty, i'm still working on it. I posted it here so people can give me feedback on what they think of it's current features. All that aside, thanks for pointing out the light issue, i'll be sure to raise them.

Cheers, Jake
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2010 13:33
Quote: "I knew it was empty, but it doesn't make much sense to point that out, because once again, this is still a WIP."

Well, it actually does. As you even yourself said:
Quote: "Any feedback is welcome."

King Of Khaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2010 13:56 Edited at: 9th Oct 2010 13:58
@ Metal Devil123 - Last time i checked, ignorance wasn't a form of constructive critisism.

Now this is just getting off topic. I already said i was going to add more things. Plus i need to adjust the light positions.

Cheers, Jake
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2010 19:56 Edited at: 16th Oct 2010 20:12
...actually, this is one of the few WIPs that has really jumped out and got my attention.

The backstory is a good one, and really sets the tone for suspenseful gameplay nicely.

I like that you've incorporated a finite amount of time into the equation. That adds to
the level of desperation of both protagonist and antagonist alike, that will surely be
revealed in the gameplay.

The C&C regarding open space needs to be heeded. One does not live (and presumably die)
in a house all those years, without it taking on an occupied and cluttered feel.

I look forward to how this title continues to evolve, and very much am eager to play it,
when you release it.

@King Of Khoas,

This is one of those rare occasions where I'm excited about a game title.

If you'd like a hand with anything related to The Clarkson Residence,
please feel free to drop me a line:

PaganSethBlack@aol.com

King Of Khaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2010 10:35
Thanks Seth Black! That means a lot! I've actually gotten a lot more done, and added a lot more objects. Unfortunately this game won't be very long, due to how much time has already been used trying to fix bugs and get scripts to work. However, i WILL attempt to lengthen the gameplay by adding more scenes and objectives. I would post a few updated screenshots now, but it's pretty late and i'm falling asleep, so i will post them as soon as i can tomorrow. Once again, thanks for the kind words. People like you encourage me.

Cheers, Jake
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2010 12:38
Is there finally someone working on a game that uses my AGSP scripts?

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2010 15:09
Quote: " read the title and had Top Gear in my head as I opened the topic up "

Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2010 12:30
The story line seem very thought through, sounds very good, intead of filling up the room maybe make them a little bit smaller, and make sure the corridors have plenty of rooms otherwise it'll feel too unlike a residence. But keep the good work coming.

Poloflece

Poloflece, not to be mistaken for polofleece, polar fleece or polar flece.
King Of Khaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2010 07:05 Edited at: 17th Nov 2010 07:05
I really appreciate your feedback guys. I'm sorry i haven't been posting any updates, i ran into a big problem and had to work around it (which took a long time). The game has improved quite a bit, and is a little more detailed. I've always been good at writing and coming up with stories, but haven't ever been able to make awesome FPSC games. I would just like to remind everyone that this game won't be very long. Also, even though i've added many new things, TGC store and even their model packs don't supply many items for modern day houses. Plus, i don't have a very large budget, as i'm just the avergae home schooled student. That's why the Clarkson house won't be very cluttered, and won't be like most other survival horror FSPC games created by people on these forums.

As i said, i'll post some updated screenshots.

Cheers, Jake
King Of Khaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2010 05:08 Edited at: 2nd Dec 2010 05:22
A few new screenshots... As i said before, FPSC doesn't have many models that fit what i need for this game, so it won't be very detailed.

Cheers, Jake
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2010 15:07
The areas look huge, or is it becouse you are crouching in every shot? The HUD looks cool (lol ) and I like the bedroom. The 1st screen should be a bit populated thou...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 08:48:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 08:48:05