Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Problem with installing

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have installed DirectX SDK(august 2008), Visual c++ express 2008 and during the install of the dark GDK it says to upgrade something called XAudio 2. And then the installation finishes, but I can't find the GDK's projects in the visual c++. Help, please!
CSL
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2010 18:31
Quote: "I have installed DirectX SDK(august 2008)"

I'm guessing a typo, but it's supposed to be the August 2007 SDK.

I just installed it yesterday for the first time and got the same message several times throughout the SDK installation. There is only one option, and it's to click OK, there's simply no other choice. It should be good once the installation completes, if you followed the directions on the website.

I'm not writing from my personal computer right now, but there's a PDF with a checklist to confirm that your installation was done correctly, and how to find any missing paths (lib, etc.). Ironically, this document is only available after you install the DarkGDK, go figure I believe the document is under Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\DarkGDK\...

CSL
Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2010 17:54 Edited at: 9th Oct 2010 18:07
The "audio upgrade" message is normal when you install the DirectX SDK. If you don't see the Dark GDK projects in Visual Studio, that means that the wizards were not installed correctly. The Dark GDK installer cannot put the wizards into the correct directory if your Windows version is not English. See the third page of the "installation and wizards" thread (sticky on top of this forum), there are at least two posts about how to install the wizards manually. EDIT: See the posts by MegaMuse and Carl CLD.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-30 11:37:20
Your offset time is: 2024-06-30 11:37:20