Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Object Orientation

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2010 00:23
Alright so i am working on my game, and it is a vehicle i am starting off with. The movement is ok, the camera is in the right position.

My problem is , the camera and model are facing forward, when i use my move object command, apparently the object is not orientated right.

ive tried different ways of rotating the object but it just rotates the orientation point too.

The object is 90 degrees rotated away from where its moving.

here is my code.

29 games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2010 02:18
If when you load the object it's facing in the wrong direction, you can use the rotation commands to get it to face the correct way and then use the FIX OBJECT PIVOT command, which "... will fix the current angles of the specified 3D object as the new absolute rotation of the model" (quote taken from help file).

Hope this helps.
Master Man Of Justice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2010 02:19
haahah will try, cant believe i didnt see that in the help file.

Burning Feet Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2010 12:20
Yup, I use "fix object pivot" all the time. Just run the command once when loading your object for the first time, or create a function if you've got lots of models to reorientate. I can post an example tomorrow if you're still stuck.
Master Man Of Justice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2010 13:49
hah no i got it.
Im stuck on sparkys collision now :S

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 22:24:31
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 22:24:31