Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Boss Fight! [x9]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2010 04:41
Boss Fight!

Made by: mAcpo 1.16/Project Blue

Description: To be honest I had every intention of making an epic game. This is one of my boss levels for the Shadow People that I never finished. My son was born last April and I haven't had time for much else! I wanted to share this before I end up losing it. I spent quite a bit of time trying to script events to happen as you move.. was never all that good at scripting but I am happy with this. I actually spent a ton of time getting an inventory system working in project blue - but then realized with the way I had set it up I would need to model the items in inventory as usable weapons to get the desired effect. It would take me YEARS to finish a game at the pace I'm moving. Hopefully this mini boss fight provides you with a few minutes of fun!

Controls: [F] turns on your flashlight. The rest is default.

Screenshot:

Download Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?2rqwq0e0a9zz69i

Credits: Errant A.I. for guns, Bond1 for Characters and itemflash shader, Teamhalo for apocalypse pack, NBT for sewer pack, Wolf for segments and MarcSteene for script help

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 14th Oct 2010 06:19
Looks real good!

FPSCGames
User Banned
Posted: 15th Oct 2010 02:26
Looks real good!!!
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2010 17:06
It was actually quite challenging, and fun First time I have played a game made with FPSC where you dont defeat the enemy in a few seconds. And those lobotomated zombies made it even more challenging

Good work!

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2010 13:01 Edited at: 17th Oct 2010 15:20
I just loved killing that thing over and over again, just listening to that metal! This was something you really can call an AWESOME level! Altho I didn't think it was all that hard... except first time I didn't notice the ammo clips and thought "ouch.. when Cyborg ART said challenging, he sure ment challenging."

And the bad things: The menu screens and sounds. Same for the loading and complete screen and so on... but I quess that was intentional.

And I see that the metal music starts right when the dante comes and ends when it dies. How did you do this, if I may ask?

EDIT*Seems like it didn't after all... the game fooled me by making the music stop when the dante dies...

mAcpo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2010 02:04 Edited at: 18th Oct 2010 02:09
Glad you guys enjoyed it!

I have scripts doing the following..
* closing the door behind you locking you into the boss fight once you enter the room

* freezing the player and zooming focus onto the wall Dante busts out of

* Dante is scripted along with a buttercutter to bust out of the wall and start the music. It should in fact stop once he is dead but doesn't always work

* flashlight script

* the door to get out opens after Dante is dead.

Nothing groundbreaking but sort of a focus grabbing fight without the use of cut scenes was what I wanted to go for. This was going to be more of a first level boss. Challenging but fun and sorta easy to roll through. If I had finished it you would have one life and a lot less ammo.

(there is a secret room behind where the dante beast busts out that I had planned to put some cool suprises! ammo and other guns. The only trick was going to be getting out once you got in!)

Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2010 13:02 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2010 13:03
The script is useful for for game development so well done

Hello

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 08:58:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 08:58:54