Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / nDo: normal creation toolkit (free!)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2010 09:18
A superbly useful normal mapping tool, done by a friend and colleague of mine.

There\'s an HTML resource:
http://www.philipk.net/ndo.html

And the "proper" resource, which requires Silverlight:
http://www.cgted.com/

Basically: use photoshop to draw normal maps, using custom brushes and everything. No need for 3D, baking or anything and no risks for ugly artifacts.

It's absolutely free and comes with a bunch of extremely useful professional-grade tutorials.
MASTER OF PUPPETS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2010 13:37
AMAZING! will try out when I get back from work! Tell your friend they are awesome

metal is not music but a way of life...all hail to the reigning king METALLICA!!! [EDIT] ...well... up until "Load" came out.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2010 15:17
That's absolutely fantastic... I'll be using that from now on. The GIMP plugin was OK but this gives you so much more control!

Thanks entomophobiac!

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2010 17:41 Edited at: 25th Oct 2010 17:42
Hmmm... what about .....

Sorry for that , good mood today, nevertheless awesome plugin.

Indeed very good.

Stormwire
Years of Service
User Offline
Seriously great share. I have been playing with it for awhile now and going through the tutorial on the site. What a great little toy to play with Thanks!
Ermes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2010 23:23 Edited at: 17th Dec 2010 00:26
wondering where i have to place the ndo files i've downloaded.

it always a nightmare. instructions stops always at one step before the end. or there aren't any. always the same... tired.

there is all, even the name of the cat of the developer, but not where to place those files!!!

edit: i got it... very strange system btw.

edit2: not working, it says missing javascript code.

i've a ratio of 10% works 90% don't works with those things. i'm going to book for Lourdes.

edit3: ok, managed to work, ndo must be c:\ndo\...
but no effect like the tutorials on my textures. only a light blue and changing values is useless.

aaahhh i hate that damned things like normal map and so on. i found myself ever complaining with normals or shaders, i never found a good tutorial starting with the ABC, and never found a good normal tool. you say ndo is good, i say ndo it hard to use.

this is what i got. i don't believe the normal map for this texture is this very light blue texture.

i know is for free... i'm so and because there isn't a time i can manage to do something like normal mapping or using shaders. even retyping the same code of an example, it doesn't work. really, for christmast i'm going to lourdes. downloading PSD examples. what? 40 mb each!... oh no...

Edit4: and finally.... loading example in photoshop... lots of unloadable layers... loading error.

maybe the problem is photoshop, i've cs2.
uff,many problems here, switching to Deluxe paint 4 on my old Amiga, maybe ndo can finally works.

[img][/img]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 07:18:04
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 07:18:04