Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / im stuck trying to get dbBlurBitmap to work in my program

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2010 11:51
Hello,this is my first post. In currently a student going into comp sci. I'm not really going to deep in the graphics part of programming but i guess it would help to know a little.

anyway,to the point.

I have to make a program using .bmp images and land a ship on a planet.which is pretty simple...but one part im stuck...i have it looping to move my image across the screen...at the end of the loop i have to display an image make it blur...flip(pretty much do a few basic image functions)....im going to post my code so u can see and attach my file if anyone has time to help or look.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
I've never used it before, but I think you only need to declare dbBlurBitmap(imgnum,amount).... Beware, large images will take a while to blur. If that's a problem, make 2 copies of each image that needs to be blured and do all the bluring before the game loop.

Also, you could stand a bit of cleanup in your code. It's a bad practice to make multiple objects that do the same thing. All of your "landship" procedures can be condensed into one:

You could have smaller code if you do the same thing to your main loop:
First make an array at the start of your code for "Times"
int Times[8];
Times[0]=2;Times[1]=3;Times[2]=4;.... and so on
then in your main loop:

I know they don't add up exactly, but you get the idea.... You'll need to modify what I gave you to match your exact needs.

The fastest code is the code never written.
im not really here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2010 20:32
Ok thanks for the reply, i get to that and get back with my results...might take me a while to figure out the loop you speak of...thanks again
im not really here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2010 03:39
woo! i didn't figure out your loop but i did figure out what u meant by the setup function repeating...that actually was a problem...as soon as i got rid of that my frames were super fast...thanks a lot

got a b+ also =P
Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
np.

The fastest code is the code never written.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-30 11:45:14
Your offset time is: 2024-06-30 11:45:14