Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9] Purity - Remake

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2010 21:40 Edited at: 28th Nov 2010 16:42

I had planned to remake this a while back, but I kept making more and more side projects. I finally started it again, it will follow the basic outline of the last one just with more graphical improvements and better level design etc.

Original Thread : http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=168909&b=25

Features

- Weapon Shaders
- All Segments PS 3.0 Compatible
- Character Shaders
- Interactive Computers
- Radio Transmissions
- Professional Voice Acting

Story

The year is 2033, and despite major technological and biochemical advancements in recent years, there are still over 2 million deaths each year caused by malaria. It is now the single biggest killer on the planet, with over half of the Earth's population now at risk. YNC Services, a major biological engineering company, under management by the United Nations, began working on a cure.

Initial tests were successful - the scientists altered the behaviour of mosquitoes and modified them to become stronger and superior to the current mosquitoes, while killing any Plasmodium inside of them, removing them as a vector for malaria. These mosquitoes carried their own infection, which would mutate the bitten mosquitoes into one of the super-mosquitoes - they attacked their own species, meaning it would only be a matter of time before the malaria carrying mosquito became extinct.

After extensive testing, the United Nations decided to release the mosquito into the wild. And it was successful. Only a few years later, original mosquitoes were almost completely extinct. The super-mosquitoes, now without other mosquitoes to feed on, were forced to change to a different food source. Us.

A single bite from a super-mosquito was all it took to transfer the virus, mutating its host into a violent, blood thirsty being, where the virus could then be transferred once again to another host.

Initially, all the world’s governments attempted to cover up the massive blunder by forging stories. But it wasn't long before the infection spread too far to contain. A worldwide pandemic began as the mosquito virus spread throughout the population. Governments began to quarantine towns, cities, and finally, entire countries. But it was not enough. Each of the countries' leaders set up safe zones, underground bunkers where those immune and who had not been infected remained in a safe environment, safe from the frenzied, blood crazed world above.

I was born in City 13, Bunker 57. All I know of the world above is what I have learnt from public information stations. We are safe here, but for how long? It is only a matter of time before the Infected find us. My name is Johnathon Reid I was born here, live here and will die here too... hopefully. Laus Deo Semper

Screenshots

[center]Contact: Plug05@hotmail.co.uk

Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2010 21:43
Lol @ the pooltable.

Seems interesting though.

Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2010 22:11
Quote: "Lol @ the pooltable.

Seems interesting though."

Thanks!

the pooltable is in the 'common room'

Crysis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2010 22:24 Edited at: 17th Oct 2010 22:25
Whoa! REALLY GOOD WORK BOOTLICKER!

AWESOME!

i want to play this game

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2010 22:57
I thought the demo you sent me on gmail was GREAT back when there was only the old version.

imageflock.com/img/1272671763.jpg[/img]
skype = isaacpreston. I want to talk to YOU
Zwarte Piet
Years of Service
User Offline
This is Awesome I want to play it, NOW...lol

"I would rather make a bad model, instead of pirate a great one" MY DAD "Now let's Make some Models"
Hamburger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2010 00:47
That looks great! but only thing that bugs me is the treadplate texture, maybe scale it down by half or maybe even more, because the treads look too big on it.
AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2010 15:04
Really nice!!!

Abdul Ahad
Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2010 21:58 Edited at: 18th Oct 2010 21:58
Looks really good so far although I agree with Hamburger that the treads look too big on the floor texture.

I would make the common room look a little more "lived in" and brighter. At the moment it looks quite sterile and it could make a nice contrast to the inevitable zombie attack if the first rooms are warm and inviting. Perhaps add some more pool balls as if a game has been abandonned, add some glasses and books on the tables etc. Add a few table lamps or other small light sources as well - I see there is a library, but the lighting at the moment would be terrible for reading.

That's what I think anyway, keep up the good work.
Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2010 22:17
Quote: "That looks great! but only thing that bugs me is the treadplate texture, maybe scale it down by half or maybe even more, because the treads look too big on it."

Quote: "Looks really good so far although I agree with Hamburger that the treads look too big on the floor texture. "

I quite like how big it is it looks a bit better in game, but I like it that way anyways. So not gonna change that,

Quote: "I would make the common room look a little more "lived in" and brighter. At the moment it looks quite sterile and it could make a nice contrast to the inevitable zombie attack if the first rooms are warm and inviting. Perhaps add some more pool balls as if a game has been abandonned, add some glasses and books on the tables etc. Add a few table lamps or other small light sources as well - I see there is a library, but the lighting at the moment would be terrible for reading."

Just fixing that now, I've added a few cups, bottles and more lights around for the minute, gonna add some books left around too

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2010 13:16
Very good looking screens! But I liked the old title art better. The new one is cool, but the red and blue thing there doesen't really appeal to me. But the screens look good, and I hope to see some of those yummy outdoor screens of yours soon!

Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2010 21:16
Quote: "Very good looking screens! But I liked the old title art better. The new one is cool, but the red and blue thing there doesen't really appeal to me. But the screens look good, and I hope to see some of those yummy outdoor screens of yours soon!"

thanks!, I really hated the old title it was just so ugly...

I should have some outdoor screens, atm im just looking for someone who has the containment room segment, as the download has died.

Nbt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2010 03:18
Quote: "That looks great! but only thing that bugs me is the treadplate texture, maybe scale it down by half or maybe even more, because the treads look too big on it. "

Ditto to the above. 1st thing that struck me was them floors. As those pips are meant to stop you slipping and at that size you would trip over them

I must say though it is so nice to see someone using self-illumination on light sources, good job

What are the blue and green blobs on the floor for ???

Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2010 21:21
better?

i made it 4 times smaller, and those 'blobs' are rugs

Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2010 02:48 Edited at: 21st Oct 2010 02:56
Quote: "better?"

Much!

Quote: "and those 'blobs' are rugs"

Here's an ultra nit-pick - While I absolutely see the need for the rugs in the screens (they add some much needed colour), I don't know if they quite fit seeing as 90% of your room decorations are made of metal. Perhaps think about making them more metallic like floor emblems instead of rugs, You could even add a symbol to the centre of them. I think it would make your rooms look a little more coherent.
Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2010 16:58 Edited at: 21st Oct 2010 18:32
Quote: "Here's an ultra nit-pick - While I absolutely see the need for the rugs in the screens (they add some much needed colour), I don't know if they quite fit seeing as 90% of your room decorations are made of metal. Perhaps think about making them more metallic like floor emblems instead of rugs, You could even add a symbol to the centre of them. I think it would make your rooms look a little more coherent."

hmm, I would be more than happy to do that. Just I'm not sure how you mean to change them. I can see why you think they need to be more metallic, but I have no idea how to achieve that. If you can possibly whip up any reference images/screens or whatever it would be great!

Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2010 20:19 Edited at: 21st Oct 2010 20:32
Sure - this is the sort of thing I'm talking about:

A basic symbol with a circle around it. The white parts would be transparent in the case of the pentagram above. Each main area in the bunker would have one but in a different block colour, just like the rugs at the moment. You could even make them decals to allow for transparency, but I don't know if you could be bothered about that for as simple a detail as this.

As for the door, my eye is drawn more to the stock sci-fi one. I think that it's because there is a light above it. If you add a light to the custom door you could go for that one, but ultimately it depends on whether it fits with the environment, which is something you'll have to decide upon.
Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2010 22:10
how about this? I personally prefer the rugs But I would rather have your guys opinion on stuff like this

D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Got to vote against you
Definitely the yellow/metal design. Much better!

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2010 23:30
I got to agree with DOMINIK here... the metal ones look so much better than the colored lumps. I like the changes youve made in the before/ after shots, looks much better

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Ermes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2010 01:01
all is 100% good but an advice:
floor alluminium texture is too much scaled up....

ogni scarafone è bello a mamma sua.
Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2010 01:14
Looking much better Bootlicker. Well done.
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2010 08:13
I vote for the metallic one! O should I say Metallica - one! No... that would be just stupid...

BenTibbetts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2010 21:52
A pool table, eh? I also prefer the non-rugs. Looking forward to this one.
AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2010 09:28
To be honest I like the blue rug more than the metallic one for some reason.

It seems to add more colour and life to the level, rather than just a trend of same metal textures.

Abdul Ahad
Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2010 11:31
Hm.I don't know.The 'rug' looks like metal , not fabric.And it's a bit high.I'd say instead of a circle,switch to a rectangle and mess around with the texture.

If you need help with it,let me know,I'd gladly send you some materials

Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2010 13:59
Quote: "To be honest I like the blue rug more than the metallic one for some reason.

It seems to add more colour and life to the level, rather than just a trend of same metal textures.

Abdul Ahad"
Quote: "Hm.I don't know.The 'rug' looks like metal , not fabric.And it's a bit high.I'd say instead of a circle,switch to a rectangle and mess around with the texture.

If you need help with it,let me know,I'd gladly send you some materials"

Yeah, i personally dont like it either, Gencheff, I would love some help with this

Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2010 14:02
Alright,get on MSN

Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2010 15:38
New screens

Added to the first post

Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2010 16:41
mega bump+double post FTW!!!!

new screens:

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2010 16:57
beautiful, I love your normal mapping on everything. the hallway looks nice and detailed too

imageflock.com/img/1272671763.jpg[/img]
skype = isaacpreston. I want to talk to YOU
Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2010 21:50
Quote: "beautiful, I love your normal mapping on everything. the hallway looks nice and detailed too
"

thanks! expect of vid of something soon xD

yeeehaaaww

new gun!

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2010 21:58
looks good, although the normal/specular maps are way to heavy which makes it a little bit unrealtistic. Scope looks awesome on the m4!

da2020
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2010 05:39
Quote: "although the normal/specular maps are way to heavy which makes it a little bit unrealtistic."
I think its fine imo. The gun looks pretty cool man keep it up!
Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2010 15:28
i quite like the over;y harsh maps. i dont know why

OutdoorGamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2010 16:08
nice almost licked my screen. lol

signatures are dumb.....
idk why....
AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2010 09:43
Nice gun Ben!!

Abdul Ahad

Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2010 17:27
This looks really good!
Great work so far.
Ill have to download it and have a look around. (when its released )
I never actually played the original, so I might do that first.
Also give you time to get the download up
I really like how you have also used stock media in this too.
Can't wait to try it out

TiTaniUm

Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2010 17:47
thanks for the comments guys,

I'm just working on trying to build a quick exclusive demo

So email me if you would like tog et your hands on that, when it builds :L

Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline