Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / dgdk_gui

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2010 11:16
So I found this video on YouTube of a GUI lib that this guy made. I went to download it, and the .lib file is there, but the dgdk_gui.h file is missing. Is there another way for me to actually use this library or is the .h file required? I'm wanting to start work on this idea for an application that I have, but I don't want to have to program with the Windows API.

And before you refer me to any other GUI libraries for DarkGDK, unless the library looks like native windows GUI components like this one, please don't bother. I've been searching for about 5 hours now for other libraries and this is the only one I've seen so far that looks like a Native GUI which is what I'm after.

Thanks.
Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't think anyone can help you if you don't even tell us what GUI you are talking about, who "this guy" is and where you downloaded it from. Unless someone recognizes the include file name.

Yes, a header would be required to use a library and you should first of all contact the author of the library to supply it to you. If there was a download link, wasn't there a contact link as well?
Guldan the Warlock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2010 12:49
I'm really sorry about that, I copied the URL to the YouTube video and forgot to paste it into the post before I hit submit.

The library is showcased in this video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv4jhIjvih0

I have contacted the user on YouTube, but I'm not sure when/if he'll next be on. As you can tell from the download there's about zero documentation for it, no website or anything like that. Just what he included in the YT video description.
Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice, I didn't know that one. Well, the author is registered on this forum. You can try posting a thread with "message for Bran Flakes" in the title but here is another idea: find a thread posted by him, for example this one: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=169941&b=22 In his post you'll find several ways of contacting him, e-mail, messenger etc. so you can ask him directly.
Bran flakes91093
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2010 22:56
Wow I forgot that I had that video up there.

DGDK_GUI is a rewrite of a gui that I had started making a few years ago. One day I decided to put it up on Youtube, when it started looking like a gui.

Unfortunately, I do not have the old headers for that release (my hard disk recently died with them on it), but I do have another experimental version, which is attached to this post.

I haven't worked on this for a while and it's poorly commented (bad bad practice), so if you want I might be able to start working on it again to make it more stable, but it could take a while.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

“C++ : Where friends have access to your private members.”
-Gavin Russell Baker

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Guldan the Warlock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2010 02:54
No trouble at all. Thanks for posting it. I'll give you some feedback in a bit when I've had a chance to try it out.
Guldan the Warlock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2010 05:46
Ok, I tried to build your example file, and it's looking for Utilities.h. Your utilities library attached to your YouTube video is also missing the header file. Can you attach that one please? Thanks.
Bran flakes91093
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2010 22:14
Thanks for telling me, I didn't realize that either .

(Attached)

-Gavin Russell Baker

Attachments

Guldan the Warlock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2010 01:19
Thanks, I'll be testing it out in a little while and let you know how it goes. While I'm thinking about it, does this also require Cloggy's D3D Library?
Bran flakes91093
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2010 01:50 Edited at: 20th Oct 2010 01:52
Yes it does: get it here

-Gavin Russell Baker
Guldan the Warlock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2010 12:02
Ok, I seem to be having problems getting your example project to compile. Can you give me a basic rundown of how to get these three libraries added to the project properly?
Bran flakes91093
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2010 03:03
Attached is everything lumped into a single folder and referenced by a sample project (ExampleProject).

-Gavin Russell Baker

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 16:22:42
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 16:22:42