Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Text adventure +

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2010 23:21
I am trying to finish a text adventure i started last year.I need help geting the music,score the powerups,the specail abaility andthe the bigest hurdel making it 3D insted of text.
IF YOU HELP I SHALL PUT YOUR USERNAME IN THE CREDITS.

everything is being restored to its rightful place, Including the true power of the sharingan. the true power of I Madara Uchiha!
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2010 10:02
lol, would you like us to write the game for you now?

Please post some code and show us what you are having trouble with, so we can help you. If you don't know how to load music, how to make scores, special abilities etc. then I doubt you are ready to make anything 3D right now. Jumping into a 3D RPG at your current state of knowledge would be fatal, it would only cause you frustration and demotivation.

Start small, make a text adventure, move on to something harder like pong, get a feeling for 2D games... When you have mastered that, you can then try to make something in 3D

We're happy to help you, but we can't when you ask us to pretty much code your whole game. We need specific problems. I'll help you out with your music problem:

To load music and play it in your game, you use the following

load music <filename>,<music index>

To play, or loop your music, use one of these:

play music <music index>
loop music <music index>

TheComet

dark basic code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2010 03:40
Sorry.,By the way i aleredy made PONG.Also I tried to put the music in using those commands, THe musics form ITUNES,I have another question since the game is starwars am i inviolation of any copyrights?

everything is being restored to its rightful place, Including the true power of the sharingan. the true power of I Madara Uchiha!
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2010 00:03
Quote: "By the way i aleredy made PONG"

Great! Did it turn out well? You can post it here to show us if you want to

Quote: "Also I tried to put the music in using those commands, THe musics form ITUNES"

So did it work?

Quote: "I have another question since the game is starwars am i inviolation of any copyrights?"

Legally speaking, yes, you are in violation of copyrights, but seriously... WHO CARES? You aren't selling your game, nor are you really making anything big enough to be noticed by the outside world, so it doesn't matter at all

TheComet

dark basic code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2010 23:44
No the music from itunes would not go into the game,the music is in mp4 type music in ACC version.

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2010 07:45 Edited at: 9th Nov 2010 07:46
DBC only supports mp3, wav, midi, wma, xm, mod, and something else I forgot. You will have to convert it:

www.media-convert.ch/konvertieren

TheComet

dark basic code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2010 14:51
Thanks This has been grating on my nerves for 2 years now maby it will finaly be finished

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 09:55:15
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 09:55:15