Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / moving objects

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hello,I am having trouble with finding a code to move an object
here is the code

if someone can help me I would like that
lazerlord
Years of Service
User Offline
oops the

of that is not in the
LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2010 18:01
From your posts, it is difficult to determine what it is that you are trying to do. The TYPE variables that are listed are not defined in the code, but perhaps you have only listed a part of your code.

You randomize the matrix, but give a height value of 0, which is unnecessary. If you want the matrix to be random, you will need to first include the RANDOMIZE timer() command. Then you would have to set the randomize matrix value to greater than 0. If you want it to simply be flat, just remove the randomize matrix 1,0 command.

You use the PICK OBJECT command prior to your main loop but perhaps in your second post, you were trying to say that it belongs in your MOUSE subroutine (???). Your MOUSE subroutine seems to be attempting to draw a line around an object that has been picked.

So, is the problem that you cannot pick the right object that you want to move, or is it that you cannot move an object that you have picked? or is it something else?

I am willing to help you if you make it clear what it is that you need.

I'm not really a programmer.....I only play one on TGC.
lazerlord
Years of Service
User Offline
I am trying to make an rts, and I need to move the tank in order to have the player use it. I am also working with a friend to make a great rts(the one stated at the beginning of this post). I got DBPro from the Dark Game Studio pack with the extras that came with it(incase you wanted to help with an AI script or physics). you do not need to reply immediately because I have all the time in the world to wait(so there is no need to rush).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 22:28:23
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 22:28:23