Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DarkGDK wizard

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hay there!

I just managed to instal DarkGDK, but when i try starting a wizard i get this error:

Default.js or Default.vbs not found in: "C:\Documents and Setings\Mike\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Dark GDK - 2D Game\Dark GDK - 2D Game\Scripts\1033\default.js"

I dont have XP so i dont have those folders, and my name is not Mike. So i see the guy that made the Wizard did some error's :/

What can i do to fix this?
-SliZe
Dodga
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay, I'm thinking 1 of two things:

1. You're setting up the project wrong

2. The program was installed incorrectly. DarkGDK files are not a .js files

Try this:

1. Click file->New->Projecr

2. Click "Wizards"

3. Double Click "DarkGDK - Game"

5. You now have a source file and header file named main.cpp, and main.h, you do not need to create any more files because they are automarically created for you with the wizard. Look in the solution explorer on the left hand side of the screen and double click "main.cpp" this is where your code needs to go.

Hope it helps!
Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2010 12:25 Edited at: 23rd Oct 2010 12:29
Open the third page of the "Installation and wizards" sticky thread on top of this forum. Find the post by Carl CLD "official steps to install the wizards". Check if your files are copied to the correct place, then open the wizard files in text editor and correct Mike's user name to your own.

On the same page you can also look at the post by MegaMuse which talks about the same thing.
SliZe
Years of Service
User Offline
Mireben, THANKS SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 16:37:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 16:37:22