Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / DarkPRINCIPLES Free Video tutorials update list ODE Modelling Maths and Full game tutorials

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2010 21:01 Edited at: 25th Oct 2010 21:07
DarkBASIC Professional Tutorials

Welcome to the DarkBASIC Professional Video tutorial list. Here you will find all the video's that have been uploaded over the last three years. You can find all of these, free. At http://www.dcforeman.co.uk

Text
Number Guessing Game A simple text random number guessing game.
Keyboard Input A program teaching how to get input from the keyboard.
Save Game A tutorial showing how to create a save game by writing data to the hard drive.
Russian Roulette A tutorial teaching users how to create a simple game with a deadly end!
Network Server A tutorial showing how to create a Network Server ready to receive data from a client.
Network Client A tutorial showing how to create a Network Client ready to connect to the server.

2D
Health Bar How to create a health bar.
Game Menu How to use Gimp to create images, and turn them into an animated game menu.
Parallax Sidescrolling Star Field How to produce a 2D sidescrolling star field, ideal for shooter games.
How to make Pong How to program Pong from start to finish.
Art Program A tutorial series showing you how to start making an Art Program.

3D
Spinning Cube Original spinning cube tutorial, the first tutorial I ever created!
Spinning Cube with EULA and Freeflight Updated version of the spinning cube tutorial with EULA and Freeflight explained.
Treemagik and DBPro Using Treemagik G3 together with DarkBASIC Professional to create a realtime forest.
Basic Collision and Reaction Detecting a collision between 3D objects then generating a response to that detection.
Frogger Game A simple frogger game, implimenting the 3D collision taught in the previous tutorial.
Automatic 3D Map Generator A tutorial showing you how to convert a simple black and white BMP file into a real 3D map.

Mathematics
Distance Formula How to calculate the distance between two points in 3D space.
Timer Tutorial Learn how to create timers that trigger events, control program flow, and delay actions.
3D Orbit In this tutorial I teach you how to create an orbit, where a moon orbits a planet.
ODE Physics A series of tutorials demonstrating how to use the hidden ODE Physics commands in DarkBASIC Professional.

Commerical Plugins
DarkPHYSICS Tutorials on the DarkPHYSICS Plugin.
DarkAI Tutorials for DarkAI.
Extends Tutorials for eXtends.
DarkCLOUDS Tutorials for DarkCLOUDS.

Free Plugins
AVI Plugin

3rd Party Programs
Cartography Shop Tutorials for Cartography Shop.
3D World Studio Tutorials for 3D World Studio.

If you have any specific tutorial requests, or questions please send them to daniel@dcforeman.co.uk
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2010 01:02
This should be stickied. It's neat enough. Plus it will disappear if not stickied soon, and you're a mod so you can sticky it yourself.

Clonkex

Making games is easy.....finishing them is a different matter.

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8Ghz, Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT 512mb, 1gb ram.
old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
I paid for my DB Pro so do I still need to pay again for Tuts on how to use it or is there a place I can vew tuts without paying more?
Dia
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "You can find all of these, free. At http://www.dcforeman.co.uk"

the 'free' bit is a subtle hint

This is not the Sig you are looking for....

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 22:35:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 22:35:40