Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / support, ideas, or comments on my game?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2010 01:50
hey guys i just want to show progress on my game, thanks for all your guys' help i think this is turning out great for my first dbc game
heres some screen shots
http://myplaylist.yolasite.com/game.php
sorry i cant get the image thing i dont understand anyway so thats my website and it has some screenshots of my game...
also im having trouble with collision, and the zombie wont move so any help appreciated thank you

I'll make Halo look like poke'mon!
Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks like you got your stuff textured. For collision, did you read through the TDK Tutorials at the top of the DBC board? That should help. Also there are a few examples in the help files that come with DB.

Collision is basically a distance/position check: if an object has moved to this position (inside the boundaries of another object or area) then do something. The something to do depends on the situation. If you are moving the player into a wall, as soon as collision is detected as true, then usually you would move the player back to the position it was at before it tried to move where it hit the wall.

psuedo code (not real code - just concept)

Enjoy your day.
Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2010 18:27
That's looks pretty cool DC

Do oranges know what colour they are?
DarkComplicated wtf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2010 23:08
thanks both of you, i actually finished my game, i did the best i could with my little zombie but with only 3 days left i couldnt think of a proper code to have him hunt you down. if you guys wanna take a look feel free i cant figure out how to show you my final however so if you know how i caN show it to you let me know

DarkComplicated wtf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2010 23:46
actually in the link to my website i tried creating a page named "CarbonAde Z-Day"
i uploaded the file to my Final EXE there let me know if it works for you

DarkComplicated wtf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2010 23:48
nvm it doesnt grrrr!!

29 games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2010 02:08 Edited at: 4th Nov 2010 02:15
Nice work DC.

Have you tried attaching your game to your post? (Just click the browse button in the message editor window). I think there's a size limit but if you zip your exe up it should be alright.

Also, if you want to post screenies there are two ways, first load your image onto a hosting site (I use image shack) and they'll give you the code you need to put in your message (took me about six goes to get this right the first time). Or, if you have your own website, which you do, go to the image, left click it and select properties. Copy and paste the address into your post then put the "img" code before and after it, i.e:

And the image will appear in your post (if you copy and past the line of code into your reply, you'll see an image from your website in your post).
DarkComplicated wtf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2010 23:41
thx and i couldnt post my game because of excess of everything from unused models and songs to raw images from before i put thim into photoshop i removed everything that wasnt used in my game and i shrunk my game size by a little more then 100Mb

DarkComplicated wtf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2010 23:50
i posted it onto mediafire.com under the name of carbonade z-day

DarkComplicated wtf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2010 01:23
http://www.mediafire.com/?5jk91s79goipuka

29 games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2010 00:05 Edited at: 15th Nov 2010 00:06
I had a quick play of your game. I actually played it last week but had no time to post a comment.

You could do with sorting out the camera collision and the camera range but other than that I thought it worked well. I liked the textures and the intro and outro screen art, did you do that yourself?

Keep up the good work.
DarkComplicated wtf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2010 00:29
the beginning pic i did not do myself but i did do the "outro" pic cuz 1 picture had to be original in my game, the camera collisions actually came with the game template and thats my first game so i was afraid to mess with it or even know how to stop it from going through walls
im actually starting a second game now and am actually making good progress with it, the only real concerns are reloading mathmatics, firing guns and my airstrike lol if you want to check that one out when im done i'll happily try to post it

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 02:17:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 02:17:54