Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Using FPS Creator X10 as a proffing tool

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2010 18:13
Firstly, let me say that I really like FPS Creator X10.. especially some of the very cool model packs that are coming out like 46 and 48, both are very well put together.

Secondly, I have read so many complaints on here relating to the price of these packs, I use FPS X10 as a testing ground for my own game development projects, this helps me to draw up scenes and interaction quickly so I can get a feel for how my own code needs to react to situations, sometimes I like it and emulate it, other times I don't and write my own code to behave differently. But one thing I do use are the model packs, by converting the static and animated models to my engines format I can quickly prototype my game design. Then I take the FPS models clean them up a little to get a cleaner image, differnt textures, add additional animations I need and within a short time I have a very cool animated model for my game. And all for $20 and I get multiple models to use... can't beat it... what a deal... By the way I code in GDK and Leadwerks if interested... both of which work very well... and provide different opportunities for game development.

So anyone complaining about the prices of these packs should go out on the web and look at what particularly animated models cost, you will be paying $50+ for one model. Thanks TGC
Walls and doors
Years of Service
User Offline
Can I ask you a question about FPSCx10. I am thinking about getting it. I just wanted to ask you . Say you are makeing a small city. Dose FPSCx10 make it run smoother with less lag? I want to be able to make a small street level that can run smoothly with no problems. And right now I am useing the upgrade version on FPSC 1.17.

Chiblue
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2010 02:04
I have found that if you run 1.01 update it seems to ok, you still get a frame drop but not as bad as if you install update 1.11 this is a disaster, textures fail to render, FPS in large open areas is really bad...

FPS 10 is very nice the graphics and the water textures are much better but for the money I am not sure if it is worth the difference. I have FPS Creator 1.17 on my laptop a Core Duo 1.9ghz with a NVidia GT7920 card & 4 gb memory, on my desktop I have a quad core 2.9Ghz, with SLI GTX8800 cards overclocked and 8gb memory. FPS on my laptop out performs FPS X10 on my desktop... You make the call... It was a good idea but TGC never seemed to have finished it..
Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2010 04:56
Quote: " Dose FPSCx10 make it run smoother with less lag?"

X10 runs with less lag then 1.17... as long you have decent hardware... X10 can handle a lot more enemies etc in a level do to the fact that it supports gpu instancing of dynamic entities.. Something X9 simply can not do... As well Mystic Mods next release will feature a much larger map area for your levels..
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2010 12:55
For speed (as long as you have Direct X10 hardware), FPSC X10 is much better than FPSC X9.

One street is going to be easy for FPSC X10 to run without lag put 50 enemies in that street and you might see a tiny bit of lag.

Mystic Mod - Putting the fear back into sliced bread since 4th May 2010
Windows 7 Pro, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Dual nvidia SLI 9800GT 1GB, 1.5TB Hard disk

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 08:57:32
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 08:57:32