Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Unhandeled exception caught?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2010 02:02
My code:

Whenever I run it I get no errors, but when the screen pops up I get an unhandeld exception, how do I fix this?

Always program as if the person maintaining your program is a psychopath that knows where you live
CocaCola
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2010 17:38
bump

Always program as if the person maintaining your program is a psychopath that knows where you live
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2010 20:17
Quote: "Whenever I run it I get no errors, but when the screen pops up I get an unhandeld exception"

Surely an unhandled exception IS an error...

Anyway, you should single-step through your code to find where the exception is thrown. When you know which function throws it, you can then update this thread with that little detail, and also the versions of GDK and the associated library that you are using.

Utility plug-ins (26-JUL-2010)
I'm applying terms of use that require you to wear a red nose and honk a horn whenever you use the Internet
CocaCola
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2010 20:58
oh yeah sorry I know where it is:
dbPhyMakeBoxCharacterController(1,0,50,0,5,15,5,1,5,15);

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2010 23:27
and...
Quote: "also the versions of GDK and the associated library that you are using"

???

I'm applying terms of use that require you to wear a red nose and honk a horn whenever you use the Internet
CocaCola
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2010 01:38
Oh sorry, how do I find that out?? I think it's the latest and what do u mean by the library associated? The ones im using are in the code.

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2010 15:12
Which download of the GDK are you using?
Which download of DarkPhysics are you using?

CocaCola
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2010 20:08
Which download ?? The email one (bonanza), my disk drives broken. If thats what you meant.

CocaCola
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2010 01:27
bumpp

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2010 15:16
If you have DarkPhysics, then you have it in your 'My Products' page. I have four links for different versions on my own page. Which one are you using?

If you are using GDK, then you downloaded it from somewhere. Where did you download it from?

I'm trying to help you. It would be nice if you helped me to help you too.

CocaCola
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2010 17:03
Uh this is what my page looks like. I downloaded physics from here.

And I downloaded GDK from the main website I think, and not from the bonanza DVD

Is this what you wanted?

CocaCola
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2010 16:09
bump...

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2010 15:06
Quote: "I have four links for different versions on my own page. Which one are you using?"

That's what I asked for, and you still haven't told me WHICH ONE YOU ARE USING.

TBH, I'm going to give up if you can't tell me which one in the next message that you post.

CocaCola
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2010 18:31
Dark Physics - Dark GDK
Dark Physics - Dark GDK Update - 26 May 2009

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2010 22:49
With the latest version of the GDK (see sticky thread at the top of this forum), and the latest DarkPhysics (26th May 2009), I have no problems with this program running and displaying boxes.

It may be a problem with the way you have your project set up (although I doubt it), so if you want me to take a look at that, delete the Debug & Release folders and the .ncb file, then zip it all up and either post it here or email it to me and I'll take a look at that.

In the meantime, double-check your installations of GDK and Dark Physics, just to make sure that you match what I used above.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 16:32:04
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 16:32:04