Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Ink and bg text colour not matching/cls not clearing with correct colour

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Problem 1 - Consider the following code:

According to the help file, the screen should now be green, yet the screen is black.

Problem 2 - Consider the following code:

In this case, CLS did colour the screen green. However, although the background INK is the same colour as used to clear the screen, the text background displays as a slightly (but noticeably) lighter shade of green than the background colour.

Thoughts?
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 30th Oct 2010 07:20
Quote: "According to the help file, the screen should now be green, yet the screen is black."

CLS by itself has never used the current INK background color to clear the screen despite what the help files say.

Quote: "In this case, CLS did colour the screen green. However, although the background INK is the same colour as used to clear the screen, the text background displays as a slightly (but noticeably) lighter shade of green than the background colour."

I never really noticed it but if you really don't like that don't use SET TEXT OPAQUE so it ignores the background color. The only time I use SET TEXT OPAQUE is when I want a quick and dirty way to erase text in code examples for newbies. Most of us clear the screen by pasting an image... it's prettier.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 22:34:24
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 22:34:24