Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Last day to decide if you want to come to the UK convention.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2003 00:39
Yes, you've got around 24 hours to decide if you want to come or not.

Be there... or be somewhere else...

Avatar & Logo by Indi. Come to the UK DBPro Convention in Chichester
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2003 00:40
I wish I could come ...

Hope you guys have a good time. TAKE PICTURES!

--Mouse: Famous (Avatarless) Fighting Furball
Read It: http://www.angryflower.com/itsits.gif
Learn It: http://www.angryflower.com/bobsqu.gif
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2003 00:42
Of course...

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2003 00:52
Cant come, in US

Current Project: Eternal Destiny
We need a texture artist!
If your interested email me - Johnrocs@aol.com
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2003 01:05
Same as RPGamer. Hopefully there will be one in the U.S sometime soon.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2003 02:44
i'm still bummed i can't attend this year ... tell ya what you best save me a seat next year cause i'm RSVPing

i can't wait to get home, i've got around 2more hours - gonna jam it home and work on this until i fall dead on my board for you guys
good lesson in all of this is "save constantly", i have all of Friday off (god i love 4-day weeks) so hopefully i can truely cram i alot and get something to you guys.

-- -- --

as for a US one, what sort of time of year would you guys be willing to do it? Because depending on how many would be able to come, i could perhaps set one up here in LA - say in March?
dunno something worth thinking about, would be willing to do it and if its far enough away people can save up enough and also actually have time to create something to bring
Never bee a guy for conventions, more an Expo guy ... conventions here usually means 50 spotty nerds dressed as a klingon or spock.

Quote: "Hope you guys have a good time. TAKE PICTURES!"

lol with the amount of guys going $50 says that the schedual is thrown out the window and they spend most of the weekend at the pub

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2003 02:44
thinking about it... that sounds like a pretty damn good convention now... damn it now i'm even more depressed about missing it

Easily Confused
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2003 03:05
Quote: "lol with the amount of guys going $50 says that the schedual is thrown out the window and they spend most of the weekend at the pub"

We might get to see some pictures of TCA drunk under a table somewhere

Programming anything is an art, and you can't rush art.
Unless your name is Bob Ross, then you can do it in thirty minutes.
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2003 03:22
Well I'm located on the other side of the U.S(Ohio), so Cal. might be a little optimistic. I'll be going to Utah(Colarado/Utah around that area) this summer. Maybe we could set something up there. Unfortuantly, that's probebly inconvient for you.

Next U.S convention I'll definitly send something in. Who knows, if I make something worth showing, I could get my webcam up and do a speech lol.

Now might be a good time to start planning nonetheless.

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2003 03:29 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2003 03:30
Quote: "
We might get to see some pictures of TCA drunk under a table somewhere
"

... I'll see what I can do - Of course, being a veteran coder, TCA will probably take a fair amount of drink to floor him.

Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2003 04:33
I'm mid-US(Chicago) and would rather do it around Christmas

Got a knack for finding secrets??? Jingot Racing --- A new brand of Racing --- Only from Nightwatch Studios
"hey, it's tomorrow" --- Hamish
Dr OcCuLt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2003 04:45
i`m in leeds and have no money so i can`t come

you need to set up web cam so ues poor fork how can`t make it can see whats going on.

have fun guys and drink alot for me...

--Dr 0--
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2003 11:07
Quote: "I'm mid-US(Chicago) and would rather do it around Christmas"

lmao, its only cause you don't wanna be knee high in snow and cold weather

we can't do it christmas for a number of reasons,
a) WAAAAY to close
b) I'll be broke as no doubt alot of people will be
c) Christmas is family time, even if you don't believe in the holiday it is still a break that most people spend with thier families

March/April is really the Christmas of the Games Industry anyways, remember this is when E3 is ... seems perfect a time really.
Students have Spring Break, alot of Pro's really have less work due to the E3 leadup and wind-down (not much REAL work gets done, just preperations & meetings about what to do cause our competitor has a better product than us )

I'll look around at lodging & flight costs from various places, would prefer LA considering i'm just getting to know it & there is no shortage of flights here you could probably pickup a good cheap deal on a budget airline.
But even if we go for somewhere more central it'll still need to be a big town/city which is easily accessable.

Also I'm not suggesting this as a "no choice" option, but how would you guys feel perhaps having this is a 'Amature Developers Expo' ... extend it to Blitz, PureBasic, GameStudio & Game Mod Developers.
Personally just thinking of numbers, becuase the more people then the less it will cost for everyone - have the place split up into the seperate areas for each product/people so more like 3-4 miniconventions as part of one big one.
(don't flame the idea, it is just a suggestion remember - hense why i'm asking how ya'll would feel about it)

i'll phone around tommorrow, see what i can actually offer. we can go from there.

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2003 12:55
Quote: "Of course, being a veteran coder, TCA will probably take a fair amount of drink to floor him"

You can try - if you've got enough money...

MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2003 23:42
Quote: "Also I'm not suggesting this as a "no choice" option, but how would you guys feel perhaps having this is a 'Amature Developers Expo' ... extend it to Blitz, PureBasic, GameStudio & Game Mod Developers."

I like that idea. You're right that LA is a good spot. Time is the only problem. If anything, it'd have to be over spring break.(If not in June-August)

Definitly want to get a large audience too.(purebasic,db,bb,etc.)
Maybe we should start another thread to start floating around ideas.

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2003 23:49
'Christmas is family time, even if you don't believe in the holiday it is still a break that most people spend with thier families'

*agrees*

A very nice %it, indeed.
lagmaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 3rd Oct 2003 23:52
christmas is a dying tradition in the uk. more and more people want to work on christmas day!

lagmasteruk - lagmaster.net is alive! r.nash@ntlworld.com
specs: new specs: amd xp 2000+, 512mb ram, ati radeon 9000 pro dvi, 180gb total hdd capasity, custom built
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2003 23:59
That's sad . It's the perfect time of the year for a couple good days off.

A very nice %it, indeed.
empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2003 00:06
As a top-40/party-rock band you can earn a fair share of money on christmas and new year's eve. More than twice as much as you'd get on "normal" evenings. I did a few christmas gigs years back but I never played on new year's eves. Today I'd probably do it the other way around (not that I want to play in a top-40 band anymore).

I awoke in a fever. The bedclothes were all soaked in sweat.
She said "You've been having a nightmare and it's not over yet"
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2003 05:48
Quote: "christmas is a dying tradition in the uk. more and more people want to work on christmas day!"

lmao, that'd never happen in my family... way i see it on Christmas day i wanna be sitting on the couch with a drink i my hand, next to a fire, watching some corney Christmas film. Like Willy Wonka or Star Wars, or even Alice in Wonderland - lol man i love terrestrial at christmas, so much old crap is on hehee

Quote: "Maybe we should start another thread to start floating around ideas."

good idea

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 14:38:54
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 14:38:54