Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / How can my friends play?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hay everyone!

I want my friends to test my game, and they dont have the DarkGDK DDL. Where can i find the .ddl, and where are my friends suposed to have it?

-SliZe
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2010 15:10
they need the directX redistributable and msvc++ 2008 runtimes, you can find them on google, make sure you get the same directX redistributables as your GDK's directX version

[url][/url]
Nothing's impossible, it's just a matter of time...
Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2010 14:09 Edited at: 1st Nov 2010 14:35
The DirectX redistributables are installed together with the DirectX SDK so you can find them on your own machine as well. (Supposing that you didn't exclude that option during the DSK installation.)

To run your game on another machine, you need to install the DirectX redistributables plus the Visual Studio redistributables.
Please read through this thread for more information:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=162417&b=22

Instead of using the DirectX redistributables, you can also try running the DirectX web installer on your friend's machine, which will hopefully update only the required components of DirectX. You will still need to install the Visual Studio redistributables separately.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 16:28:59
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 16:28:59