Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / 2D games in DarkGDK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi!

I have a couple questions.
1. How to move camera in 2D games?
2. I have detector:

ground and background. When it overlaps background and wall it gets confused. How to ignore collision with Background?
3. How to blur Sprite?

Thanks! And regards!
Cuddle Bunniezzz 12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2010 05:58
Some answers:
1. You can't really move the camera, or more should I say it's impractical. Instead, you got to use scrolling techniques. I don't have it up now (and possibly for a while), but I want to write a tutorial on 2D side scrolling, since It kind of is a common request.

2. Backgrounds really shouldn't have collisions detected. backgrounds are just there for ascetics (to look good essentially). Just remove the code for collision detection with the background.

3. I think the "dbBlurSprite()" command is what you are supposed to use, but I can't really access the documentation right now. If you don't know where it is, you can find it in:

http://ref.darkgdk.us/ <- Online DarkGDK Refernece. More content coming soon.
Dodga
Years of Service
User Offline
IMO making 2d games in 3d is much easier, instead of sprites you use ghosted planes, and you can move the camera extremely easy, and zoom in, while still maintaining the look and feel of 2d

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 16:35:33
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 16:35:33