Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Looking to purchase DarkBASIC, but first, some questions.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
As I stated before I am looking to purchase a pack for DarkBASIC, but which one should I buy, there are so many different ones. I hope to become an effecient programmer, and make 3D games. Please tell me which one would be the best for me to buy.

I also would like to know the new web address for a tutorial because I would relly like to try it out before I buy one but the one posted in the first post was an old address.

Thanks.
PoHa!84
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2003 06:12
If all you want to do is program, then just buy Dark basic. If you want to have a wider selection of 3d objects, buy the one that includes Dark matter. Optionally, if your the type of person that likes to edit the media that your game will use, then you might try one of the others, or you could use other programs to edit media, etc... etc... (insane ramblings from a guy who can't get any answers to his forum post...)
Oh yeah... uh... It really all depends on what you what to do and how much you want to spend.

Destroy you with my mind, I could!
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2003 13:42
Don't forget there's DB Pro, slightly nmore expensive, but with a whole host of additional features.

You might have missed it...click on the DarkBasic Professional link on the main nav bar.

@Rich: it might be worth having a products page with links to all the products...it's easy to miss an entire section of the website if you're not familiar with the product.

BatVink (formerly StevieVee)
http://facepaint.me.uk/catalog/default.php
Flashing Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2003 15:22
Yeah go Pro.
Evilcatt09
Years of Service
User Offline
I also have one more question what is the recommended packages, what extra software would I need to make 3D games, would it be best if I got all of the extra software?

Thanks Again
Pixelsmith
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm hoping to win DBPro in the Alienware contest, so i'm not really experienced here, but I think DBPro comes with Character FX. The info on that is from March though, so I'm likely wrong.

"What do you mean get a life? Here, I'll get forty. Up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-B-A-Start." -- The Pixelsmith
Andrew
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2003 21:19
Well you would need to make your objects so you would need a 3d object design, you will also need your world with things like houses, floor etc.

Life is just a dream - you are not really alive, so get a gun and start killing evil people.
Rikku of final fantasy 10 and 10.2 is well fit/cool

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 03:53:36
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 03:53:36