Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / 3DGame Engines

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2003 15:00
3D Engines Site

for those of you out there who want this, this is a pretty complete list of the engines available to amature developers.
when i have time i'll check all of the links and post a better guide for people ... now you maybe wonder what does this matter to DBP Programmers?

well for those of you who want to break into C/C++ programming these are definately good places to start by modding these engines.
However for anyone who knows C/C++ you can actually use these engines as libraries and create some extremely useful complete replacements to DBP - effectly really allowing people to use these engines under DBP rather than what is currently there.

it would be alot of work, but would give people alternatives.
I already know of 2 people currently doing this, and it looses DBP no business because you'll still need DBP obviously - might be good to actually give people choice

Yian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2003 16:10
Cheers Raven you have helped

Jeriko The Slyz,Yian The Craft,The Mechanist,Bambos O Bellos,Zolos O Kolos
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2003 18:12
Unreal Warfare engine is near the bottom... there are alot of proffesional GPL covered engines
they might be around 5years old now, but still impressive stuff

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2003 20:13
Interesting link Raven .

'Unreal Warefare's engine price tag is obscene'

But it's the best . Until Half-Life 2, that is.

I'm beginning to wonder how much impact Doom III will have after all... all this hype, and it's rather late in coming out... my bet is that HL2 is going to pwn it . How many people will want to buy the Doom III engine for their game when you've got Unreal Tech (which is surely going to be cheaper) and HL2's engine?

--Mouse: Famous (Avatarless) Fighting Furball
Read It: http://www.angryflower.com/itsits.gif
Learn It: http://www.angryflower.com/bobsqu.gif
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2003 10:00
DB0 the price tag of $700 for a professional engine like that (remember that's the UNREAL TOURNAMENT 2003 engine!!) might seem steep but really is fantastic for shareware developers

DoomIII might not have much hype atm, HL2 seems to have 100% of the spotlight feel sorry for other developers really.
However Doom3 has slipped its release date again, so the less publicity is cool because id aren't actually getting much guff about the fact they've missed thier 2nd release date now adding upto 1year late

yet HL2 is going to be 2months late and everyone is harping on about it like its the end of the world - hahaa, id software are genius ppl all round i swear they are.
Best part being the release is persponed so that Doom3, Quake4 and Doom3 XB will all be released the same day
They're also looking into updating Quake3:Arena which may also be the surpise 4th release that has been mentioned at QuakeCon

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2003 21:25
a) $350,000 + $50,000 per platform ... 3% Royalty
b) $750,000 + $100,000 per platform ... 0% Royalty

but then really for those enignes they're setup for modding, so unless you want to actually add features currently not possible - you can just mod

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 14:22:10
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 14:22:10