Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Sprite Collision Problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a 'scrabble' board made of sprites and a 'rack' of tiles to use. When I use the mouse to click on a tile in the rack and use sprite collision I can move the selected tile to a spot on the board. But if I click on that 'placed' tile to put it back in the rack I get the sprite number of the sprite beneath the letter tile and not the tile itself (which worked the first time from the rack). I have the sprites making up the board as priority 0 and the sprites from the rack as priority 1. How can I get the right sprite number when clicking on the letter when it is on the board?
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 7th Nov 2010 08:36 Edited at: 7th Nov 2010 08:37
It's better to use an image for the board rather than made out of sprites. If you made the board out of sprites to make non-standard scrabble boards you can use PASTE SPRITE to create the board initially then grab the screen with GET IMAGE to keep the new board.

Uechi
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, Grog. That worked great.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 22:33:17
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 22:33:17